Crashing when going to Dernholm...PLease Help

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Criton, Dec 19, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Criton

Criton New Member

Has anyone experienced the system crashing when going back to Dernholm to try to get Master Melee. I just finished cleaning out the Ancient Maze, and wanted to bulk up. I am on the most current patch, using Windows 2000, and have never had it crash until now.

"Look fresh meat. He has such pretty lips. You will be my bitch!"

"Yulaw is no one's bitch!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: criton on 2001-12-19 06:29 ]</font>

2. FluffyLittleRabbit

FluffyLittleRabbit New Member

Hey, my game crashed too whenever i go to the world map too. Had to start a new game :sad:.

3. Criton

Criton New Member

Heck, it only crashes when I go to Dernholm. No other city or location on the world map. Go figure that one out.

4. FluffyLittleRabbit

It happens if you save too often into the same file. I found out while going to previous posts.

5. Criton

Criton New Member

Thanks so much. So I guess if I save the current game to a new file it should fix it. I will try. If not, at least I am done with Dernholm.

6. Criton

Criton New Member

I tried saving to a new slot and it did not work. I guess I am not going to Dernholm anymore. HELP if anyone knows what is up.

7. buttquacker

buttquacker New Member

i dunno...

some ideas...

try going somewhere else, do something there, then try going Dernholm again...

make sure you're only running Arcanum all by itself.. close out every other possible running application in the background... that might do something.. maybe not, but give it a try.

And I don't know, but does anyone know if saved game files are effected by updated versions of the game? If not, I'd say update the bugger to the newest version.

8. FluffyLittleRabbit

No. Thats not what I meant. I meant if you save too much in the same file, it gets corrupted. Therefore make backup saves. As for your game, it cant be saved unless you do something to it(theres a post about it around here). Well good luck to you, happened to me too, and I had to restart.

9. Criton

Criton New Member

The problem, finding it...the post I mean. I guess I have to hack some stuff. Hummmm!

Our Host!