crash at startup, need help

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by flyingmonkey, Jun 13, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. flyingmonkey

flyingmonkey New Member

Hello everyone,

So I was addicted to Arcanum back when it came out, and my random wonderings on the web reminded me of it so I just bought it off Amazon and installed it but every time it starts it goes through all the videos at the beginning, the loading screen, and the opening video… but then when it gets to the main menu, the mouse isn’t there, and then about a second later it goes to the blue screen of death. Upon restart, it runs until I quit. If I quit and then try to start it again the same thing happens (BSD). I’ve gone through this a few times and wanted to try to get some help on my problem before something seriously goes wrong with my computer (that blue screen can’t be too healthy for my little guy).

I’m running off a xps laptop with duel 2 ghz cores, 1 gig ram, 256 graphics card and xp with the most recent service packs and updates. I had to go into the properties of the exe file and set it to run in compatibility mode of windows 2000 and to run at a low resolution before it would even start to begin with. When the game works, it works just fine.

Has anyone had to deal with a problem before/know how to fix it?

ps-if this issue has been delt with in the past I couldnt find the thread but feel free to post something mildley insulting about not looking hard enough and then direct me to it.

Thanks

Our Host!