could this work!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by the_game_addict, Jul 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. the_game_addict

the_game_addict New Member

there are some followers in the game that are "quest only" if you had 20+ charisma would the bonus keep them forever! thank for the help

2. gargob

gargob New Member

3. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

those quest only followers are keepers even if you don't have 20 CHA. You just have to handle the quests properly to not loose them. 20 cha just means that you can hire any follower no matter what the alignment and they seem to wait for months for you.

Parmanian

4. the_game_addict

the_game_addict New Member

paramain i think that is the benifet for master of persuasion but how would you handle properly anyway?

5. Parmanian

Parmanian New Member

for any of the free followers, you are not a master of persuation!

Dante......LVL 12..just don't get the taxes yet. wait till he's in your group. When you return to the king just have him wait outside or answer the kings question that 200 coins is not enough.

Jormond.....LVL 19 two ways to geet him, one is when you're LVL 19 and force your way in Qintarra and second is to wait till you get to Qintarra on your own LVL 25-29. Free him from fault of killing his mentor, get fate point and Jormond.

Thorvald.....LVL 22 just persuade him off the island (2 ranks does it) DON'T be a gnome! When you get to the wheel clan for the first time, have him wait until you talk to the guard, then go back and have him rejoin!

you have to be between 1 level lower and any level above to get any follower.

Magnus is a quester also but you won't find his clan until the later stages of the game, and he won't leave but you get a fate point for it.

Some people think that keeping these free folowers is cheating and abusing the system. I believe that if there wasn't a way to keep them, then you wouldn't be able to, simple as that.

Parmanian

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Can you keep Cynthia Boggs off the Isle of Despair?

7. Wolf

Wolf New Member

u prolly could just not do quest

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yup, you can take Cynthia off the Isle of Despair alright. She will leave the party when you reach the harbour though.

And please, prettpyplease with sugar on top, don't gravedig :)

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

With 20 CH, Swyft does not leave, nor does Murgo, but he is not free. I do not know anyone who saved the bank robery for later so as to see if Doc Roberts would stick around. Never tried it with Lady Druella, I will later, that game is low level right now, & I have been occupied with ToEE & Lionheart lately.

10. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

doc roberts actually joins your party? i guess i was to n00b to notice, but thatd be awesome to have him in yer party. gunslinger/tech healer? just plain awesome.

Our Host!