Control freaks and the death of a forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eros Rex, Jan 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

The vault of follies is exactly that a Folly. A wonderful way of alientating others in a attempt to make ones self feel superior. Any jerk can create a forum and you have just proved that any Jerk can destroy one as well.

I got what I needed from this forum and I am glad that i will need nothing futher as i see no need to return to it. I wish i never found it, and I wish I never particpated in it. Because little people with delusions of power think that just because they have the tech skills to start a thing that they are the end all and be all with shit that smells like roses.

Frankly who cares what you think or what you've done? in one year this forum will be nothing and your need to control and dictate will have moved on to some other TRIVAL pursuit no doubt.

An inablity to control your own worlds has spilled over in an childish display of a need to control this one. Well aren't you the big person Using your so called "power" to point out those who you deem unworthy.

Please tell me where should I knell to worship at your all knowing feet? NOT.
    I hope that all of you snobs that are left will enjoy your handy works. As i have no doubt in my mind that creatures such as yourselves will soon drive off anyone else stupid enough to visit this forum and DARE to post to it and suffer your malious wrath.

OOOOHHHH excuse me is this a flame? Well I wonder what the Folly forum is but one GIANT flame against all members.

Well go on happy little people with your petty little ways. So mature and SO superior, so much better then the rest. HAIL HITLERS!

2. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Uhhh... Eros, I'm just going to blindly assume that you're not talking about me.
    I'm also goin to assume that you're not talking about any of the regular posters, but rather about Bortiis. Don't leave just because a single jerk has tried desperately to kill this forum... it's not a bad place, but some people just can't avoid trying to spread bigoted dogma. It would be a serious mark against you in my book if you simply leave for no reason but that a single person can't resist being and ass.

3. Eros Rex

Eros Rex New Member

No etalis I am really only talking about Jinx and his Folly forum crap. No you and many others have been extremly cool and a light to my life. But the kind of shit Jinx just pulled is bull. Either that folly crap has to go or I do. And seeing how this is not my forum I guess the answer is obvious.

I am glad I met you here but I am also sad that I've told other people to come here. I also regret alot of the posts that I mad in praise ot this forums moderators two of which turned out to be nothing more then Jerks that find it cool to call others names and point others out but then hold double standards.

I have to admit I have never seen ANY moderators with the NERVE to flame the way these punks have. But all is well I leave them to their little kingdom. May they rule in vain.

4. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

Personally, I don't see the problem with the Vault. Just think of it as a way to showcase the idiocy of others.

5. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

Hell, Eros, I'm in there, too. It doesn't bother me -- I think it's funny.
    Here's an idea...take a break.
    Then come back.
    The people you enjoyed when you first started will, most likely, still be here, while the posters who rub the group the wrong way will have moved on or been banned.
    I understand that many of the things certain people said have touched you in a very personal way, but sometimes it's a good idea to just step back and watch as your friends stick up for you.
    If you go back and read some of the threads that bothered you, I think you'll see that that is what happened.
    Of course, friends will often mess with your head, too. :grin:
    Whatever you decide -- Good Luck!

6. Zen

Zen New Member

Fruit

I thought you were supposed to be gay...Get it? Gay as happy, right?

Well, I won`t pretend to understand why you suddently have snapped but you seem, to me, to have crossed abit too far over into the anger-frenzy here..

Calm down abit and try to debate reasonably, you might find it more rewarding and sympathetic towards your cause.

Oh, and I took a look at your "who are you? My parents?" thread: Great work! That really must have taken abit of time to devise, even for such a sharp and brilliant wit as your own.

You, and alot of the other resent moaners at this board needs to either lighten up a bit, grow a thicker hide or resort to a more reasonable way of expression, because this angry bitching all the time is really starting to grow on this board like some slimy, putrid cancer....

- Zen

7. Saint_Proverbius

Saint_Proverbius New Member

It's a good idea. It keeps the utterly stupid posts, like this one, from clogging the legitimate forums. It's also a nice example of what not to do for new forum users.

Oh yeah, and since you spammed the hell out of this forum with those lovely childish posts asking to be banned, Eros.. Well, we're here to please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saint_Proverbius on 2002-01-05 02:18 ]</font>

8. Zen

Zen New Member

Slain...

All is fair in love and war...

:sad:

- Zen

Our Host!