Constructive criticism and feedback...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mammothbaby, May 16, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mammothbaby

mammothbaby New Member

All --

Lets try and get a decent thread going with constructive criticism and feedback about the demo. I've seen a couple secluded posts containing personal reviews and gripes, but maybe if Troika had something more concrete and comprehensive to draw from, we'd positively affect the development of the game. Just three little rules, though -- 1) Lets not talk about the graphics. It's pretty clear that nothing will change graphically -- the only exception to this being the resolution and the interface. 2) Bugs. I think Troika is pretty aware of most bugs (from this and other forums, plus beta testers), so lets stay away from those and concentrate on gameplay specific things. 3) Finally, lets try to keep suggestions feasible. Example: Don't suggest that Troika eliminate magic from the game, or add 14 more races.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to post my full list of things that I wish Troika would work on, as I'm in school at the moment, but I highly encourage you all to use your knowledge of the game to help Troika make the great game that we know Arcanum will be (and hopefully it will then get the praise it deserves). So post!

Pax,

mammothbaby

PS -- If people have the motivation, please feel free to post this on other forums.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mammothbaby on 2001-05-16 05:24 ]</font>

2. Solid Snake

Solid Snake New Member

I wouldn't mind if Troika would make some changes to the video memory usage during the game. I think too much is being put into it. If possible, guys, unload the video memory buffer and load all the crap into the normal RAM.

It will increase the amount of people, who are able to play your great game on their PCs. My story is a simple example, I have a laptop P2-366/128 RAM and I can't play your great game, because the video memory requirements are too high. And the video memory is such a part of my PC, which can't be upgraded. I'm sure there are many guys in this world, who still have 4 (and less) meg video cards - how are we supposed to play Arcanum?

3. Bad Buck

Bad Buck New Member

I think this post is a good idea but bare in mind that the suggestions you make will probs be applicable to any future patch or indeed any follow up game as Arcanum has already been finished they are only waiting for the translation by other companies. They are not still working on it as such
    :smile:

4. mammothbaby

mammothbaby New Member

*feels like a complete moron*

I had no idea, guys. Sorry about the waste of thread space.

-AMS

Our Host!