Confession of a maybe obsessed PvP multiplayer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M.T., Dec 17, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. M.T.

M.T. New Member

I've been killing and killing players again and again in multiplayer for the sole purpose of testing the efficiency of my character, a character designed to effectively kill ANY kind of character except its own kind. And now I think I am really madly hooked on this, but have no powerful players to play with for a month I have become more evil and twisted than ever, especially since I am DISALLOWED to get a new game. Now, player killing is more like attempts to torture my opponent, to join his side for a while and make him stronger, only to kill him the next moment (after telling him that I want to kill him) I lay traps everywhere, potentialy fatal, to raise paranoia, to slow down are only some intentions....... and if someone comes into my server, I used to wait for them to prepare, but with new impatience for begging and torturing their character, I immediately send them questioning my motives by "pacifying" them analysing their inventory and making asumptions of the possible abilities of the "prey". I'm very good at tracking an enemy as much as I am at hiding......... My specialty lies in Vormantown, but I know enough basic rules of tracking to be well suited in aabout any map......... ain't I sick? Sometimes I accidentaly kill the prey too early for my pleasure, so I restore them, only to torture them again....... I annoy with all sorts of tricks and talk to them (preferably pretending to be a homicidal psychopath) sending some of them begging for mercy. One of my most devious traps, makes use of the game's graphics. Sometimes I put an irresistable item on the ground, only to have a "trap"(i will not specify the weapon") hidden in something that will overlap its picture and thus, potentialy fatally killing them or weakening them, of course not all are booby trapped, or they might not even touch one..... But don't assume I behave like this in real life. I'm the type that cries at sad movies and couldn't stand even slapping someone without feeling guilty, so guilty I cry sometimes. It's just I suddenly find it fun to torture people like this, since my character is in theory, almost undefeatable unless I let guard down, which is why I am very paranoid about surrondings, traps, etc. I used NOT to torture people, but finish them honorably and quick to ensure FULL chance of not underestimating, even though measures are too extreme sometimes. But lack of anything new, or powerful players has driven me to torment the most weakest of players, unless I feel nice, then I give them advice them tell them almost anything they want, and then maybe kill them. What happened to the honourable days of me is almost long gone, I don't practice it unless I face a potentially formidable opponent(I haven't for a month) then give him/her time to prepare before waiting for their attack or to hunt them and immediately kill them. I NEED SOMETHING NEW TO DO OR AT LEAST SOME EVEN HALF-DECENT OPPONENTS, or my 15 months of effort would be too late because therre are no opponents.

2. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

You are a very twisted and cruel person, and you need to find a new hobby.

3. M.T.

M.T. New Member

I know... but that's only in Arcanum. If it was real life I'ld feel guilty, but since its not real, I don't feel the guilt. Freud beleived that every person a dark pit of sexuality and violence. I beleive this is true. Sometimes I feel my sadistic desire to torture players(mentally) makes me a bad Christian... Still I have nothing else to do. I can tell you of how I broke the spirit of someone almost as dedicated to my cause as I, and key to discussion of character weaknesses and planning. He gave up trying to find an effecient way to eliminate my character besides imitation, and switched to playing Divine Divinity(i wish I could play it, then I WILL TRY MY BEST TO CREATE THE ULTIMATE PLAYER KILLER IN THERE MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA :evil: :grin: :lol: :evil: :grin: :lol:) I still invite anyone to challenge me and will set appropriate rules(negotiable) to make it fair. The irony of it is, without his discussions, and telling me of terra-arcanum, my character may have taken longer to achieve, or never. The idea drove him up the wall that he lost to me agian, as every single game that we both play. How ironic...... but without me his characters would've had major flaws.... but he still might be playing.

4. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

I suppose there would have to be some people like you in the world, if we didn't have psychopaths, what would we have???

5. xento

xento New Member

You actually play Arcanum multiplayer with people, or do you just set traps for NPCs?

I thought no one ever played Arcanum multiplayer over the net because it is too slow...

6. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Hmmm, I would never know, I couldn't get my online thing to work.

7. M.T.

M.T. New Member

I ACTUALLY trap real players. NPCs can't walk on traps unless you piss em off to got to it. I said THEY WENT THERE BECAUSE I PUT AN IRRESISTABLE ITEM ON THE GROUND AS BAIT. Now, why would I waste that much cash, unless it were real players? There used to be quite some playing multiplayer, but now that there are less I make my traps more devious than ever to ensure they step on at least one, and I care no longer of level. It's too rare to find a high level guy.

8. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Quite a back-handed trick my friend...I shall watch where I step.

9. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

How exactly do you place the trap and the item? place an item and surround it by traps, or place the item on top of the trap?

10. Ferret

Ferret New Member

When I played network Arcanum with some friends, I found an easy way to avoid somethig like that, which they tried on me.

I just simply dragged the item off the trap using the ALT key. :p

11. M.T.

M.T. New Member

No no no! I don't just use proper traps. I set a "trap"(i don't tell my techniques I SHOW them), so I understand you'll have to get close, right? If so, you still will get hit, I will not tell you why, but if you are interested..... CARE TO JOIN IN if you see me.

12. xento

xento New Member

I dont know of any possible way to set traps. What are you talking about?

Or do you mean spike/bear traps? :???:

13. M.T.

M.T. New Member

Listen, what I am saying is, I don't JUST use traps provided in mechanics. I use my creativity to make something seeming IMPOSSIBLE to become a trap, into one. So, it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to see my trap with sense hidden/flow spektrometer/spot trap unless the type of trap I set is a conventional one. I even go to a stage whereby I use MAGIC to "trap". The traps I make are not neccesarily fatal. They are unconventional and serve different purposes, such as: incite paranoia, slow down, annoy, injure, injure a lot besides potentially fatal. I use EVERYTHING I can think of as a trap, including the map's geography. I have divised about 20 ways to set a trap. Impossible? Well, why don't you play a game with me and see for yourself? I think, unless you have sharp wits and are paranoid, you won't be able to fanthom how creative my traps can be... I myself are paranoid, afraid someone would be as devious as me, therefore I also know how to counter or avoid EVERY trap I make and made rules to identify creative traps. Think about it. What narrow minded person can think that the only traps are in mechanics? Those are just conventional ones, not the only ones. Use your creativity to spot my traps, not your skills. Look at terrorists! One reason for their successful attacks, are UNCONVENTIONAL IDEAS. Personally, I'ld like to make an Assasins Club(for Arcanum) IF my nature does not require me to be secretive. Just telling you this lowers success of my traps, but I hope it will bring people to multiplayer. Speed of modem is not a large obstacle. I myself use a 56k modem, and the game is surprisingly stable most of the time(except loading). Maybe I would make an Assasins club, if someone else administrates for me, but the nature of the club would arouse suspicion between every member in gameplay, because a club like this would mean to FIELD TEST each others tactics and grade efficiency. Secrecy would also be needed in the club to minimise outflow of tactics, which is TERRIBLY HARD, since the Internet is anonymous. I would also be constantly devising new tactics, after all rarely ANYONE falls for the same trick twice. I might have at least one trustworthy member in the club(my "retired" friend) if we were not so competitive toward each other.

14. slagger21

slagger21 New Member

15. M.T.

M.T. New Member

I would if my parents have the time. I need exercise too! In fact if my parents weren't so busy, I would want to vist my friends in Australia for Christmas( I spent some time schooling in Australia earlier this year)Plus, most of my friends here are holidaying overseas, or they don't have that much time on their hands either. BTW, i can't drive. Too young.

16. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Look around for some recreational activities, get in with the ymca, or something like that, they tend to always have things going on...if you can't do that, then find some sports you would be interested in, like basketball, or anything else that could be played indoors, I think thats what slagger meant by get out more.

17. M.T.

M.T. New Member

Well, the only thing I do besides play Arcanum is: daily stuff everyone has to do, watch TV, play golf once a week(lesson), lift weights, and do crunches(a kind of sit-up) and even if I find something else to do, I'ld still want to play Arcanum, maybe at night.

18. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

Nothing beats a good hobby. :grin:

Except for a good baseball bat. :D

...or was that for heads...? :-?

19. M.T.

M.T. New Member

In Malaysia, baseball is not very popular... we've got softball but it ain't that popular either... I've finally met someone half decent to fight in the net... everything was perfect! I analyzed EVERYTHING and know ALL her capabilities, but when I was done toying with 'her' if she was a her, and was about to make the finishing move...... WHAM! My little sister tripped over the phone line! DAMN! I had a lvl 44!!!!!! And so innocent too, not knowing i switched PLAYER KILLING ON!!!!!!! This has so far been the 2nd time I failed to execute the enemy........... all because of the same reason... loss of internet connection.

20. Ray Stryke

Ray Stryke New Member

You obviously didn't get what I meant...and I'm never in the mood to explain.

By the way, so it was only one time you missed someone, I'm sure you can find others to torture...

Our Host!