Comprehensive list of Arcanum bug fixes

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by team a, Mar 27, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. team a

team a New Member

I know people have been fixing many of the problems that still exist after 1.0.7.4, but I was wondering if anyone ever compiled those fixes for the purpose of cleaning up the original arcanum mod or the game in general. I'm not asking about game revisions, or "balancing" here, but dialog fixes, bugs, script errors, fixes to schematics that were already intended to be released, etc.

I know there are a few items available in the downloads section here, but they generally only fix one problem, and I think only one fixes a .dlg error. What is most disappointing to me is that there's so much extra content in Arcanum that isn't accessible because of a typo, such as some follower interactions. Also, it sounds like a lot of people have had to fix things on their own, and it would make more sense to build on what other people have done than to spend time solving those same problems over and over again.

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

I sorry to say, but there isn't one.

Want the job?

3. team a

team a New Member

I know a lot of people have posted about this. If people are willing to share corrected errors, i'd definitely be willing to compile them. I only hope that some people have made notes rather than just changing the files, overwriting the original, and putting them back where they found it, but if they could remember what kinds of things they've fixed, i'd definitely be down.

4. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Here is one to start the list. It's a dialog bug.

Playing a female thief. While in Dernholm I decided to check out the prison
    and came across Tollo, the halfling thief. The dialog options included being on a quest to save him for the evil guy in the Panari temple in Caladon. I got him out, got the Vendigroth map and recieved XP for finishing the quest. I only just started the game and haven't even been to P. Schyler's house of horrors, let alone Caladon.

BTW running WIP 2.2.

5. team a

team a New Member

how'd you get into the pits? THe guards usually won't let you in unless you have the quest.

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

By any chance, did you sneak in the back door?

7. team a

team a New Member

it would really be helpful if people could post info about fixes of non-working schematics and built mechanical critters. I wish now that I had spent more time in that area... almost all my experience is with worlded, scripts & dialogs, and things directly in the mod .dat, and not even with the Arcanum mod. Maybe I'm not the person to do this, but hopefully it sparks some interest or gets some experienced people to share some of their work.

Our Host!