Choosing DarkElven path + alternative ending

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Gildorn, Jun 6, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

An interesting question. As a general rule, if it prohibits another person, who hasn't given up their own rights by violating another's, ability to make a choice, then it is wrong, to me. Of course, this is only my view of things.

2. Constipation

Constipation New Member

The name obliges, baby!

I'm also a shitty refrigerator. Possibly because I never aimed to be one.

That's okay, I forgive you.

3. wayne-scales

wayne-scales Well-Known Member

I wonder what I should do if I suspect someone of being about to violate someone else's rights, but don't actually know... Surely, by people who've "given up their own rights by violating another's", you mean 'people who have done, or intend to violate the rights of others'; otherwise, you couldn't charge people with things like attempted murder.

What happens, in your view, if, for example, I see a toddler wandering around on his own? Is he violating anybody's rights? If not, do I simply leave him to it?

4. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

Who have done. Intention is none of my concern, a man's mind is his own domain.

In my view, no, of course he isn't. At the same time, a toddler doesn't exactly have a developed mind with which to make a choice, does he?

5. wayne-scales

Well now; so, if I stood opposite you, and pointed a gun right in your or someone else's face, you wouldn't stop me, because I only intend to shoot; the bad part comes when I've actually shot.

Woah now! Developed mind? What's that? When do you have that? How do you know that someone else has one? Have people with intellectual disabilities got developed minds? What about teenagers? What's the criterion?

6. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

Ah, you put me in a difficult position.

I concede your point.

7. wayne-scales

8. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

9. wayne-scales

So I suppose now it's an 'everybody do what they fell like' sort of thing with you? Nazi sympathizer.

10. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

11. wayne-scales

12. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I like your name, Churchyard, and your style, and I like opposing WS, but I must say that individual rights are violated all of the time all over the world and for practically all of human history.

13. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

Well, just because it happens doesn't mean it's right.

14. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly, sir, but it does mean that they're not inviolable.

15. Kierkegaard

Kierkegaard New Member

Ah, that. Perhaps I phrased it incorrectly. I meant that it is the most atrocious crime to violate them, and that they are fundamentally inseparable from a human person.

16. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I agree with the ideal.

If I may now return to teaming up against WS, would it be fair to paraphrase your postion as, "People are free to swing their fists, as long as they don't hit someone else's nose"?

As an observer, I think you may have conceded the match a bit prematurely. Holding a gun to someone's head is itself an offensive action, not merely an intention.

17. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

Why, no. I thought using words like F***, vulgar, obscene etc. and offensive words insulting others result in ban... I was very surprised to see some odd forum rules - saying that "we are bastards towards novices" and that we have to accomodate. Those who I would ban would be trolls and immoral bastards as you Constipation, are. Some are intelligent, like Muro and Rain-Dog - those who can criticise in fair and intelligent way, with insight without insulting others.

Not at all, just wanted to inform that trolls as you are, have nothing to do in the forums. Not all who disagree with me, but all who would disagree with the moral standards. I would give you ban for one single use of word F***!

18. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

19. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

Jesus fuck, how old are you? Get off your fuckin' high horse and piss off already.

20. Gildorn

Gildorn Member

Yeah, Drog Alt? How come that you haven't been already banned before? For your blasphemying and f***.

ytzk: What's wrong? As long as I know, you've been ok all the time and none of this relates to you.

idk what would DarkFool the admin do with this, but as long as he tolerates such things in forum, making decent gentlemen feel like in Tarant Boil of scum and villainy... I am man of honor!

huh... if this is truth... then I have one quote that would very well describe it... as Geoffrey Tarelond-Ashe in Ashbury says:
    Alright then... I hereby challenge you - either you ban Constipation and those who participate with his methods or ban me. It seems we can't get along with each other - I or Constipation - that's yer choice!

Otherwise, you'll be seeing from me words of chastening over and over again.

Our Host!