'Charmed Helmet' ?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Surenas, Feb 10, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Surenas

Surenas New Member

Hi all,
    Any idea concerning the mysterious 'charmed helmet' [AC:10(+4) DR:12(+2) PE:-1 Wgt:60 Hps:120]?

Must be found somewhere, I believe. Pls hlp.

2. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Sure thats the name? Is this for some quest?

"Charmed" is a power rating for non-unique magic items like weapons and armor. From weakest to most powerful non-unique magic items:

Charmed
    Magic
    Mystic
    Arcane

These kind of magic items spawn randomly in chests or sometimes can be purchased from the gypsies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-10 01:53 ]</font>

3. Surenas

Surenas New Member

Well, that helmet ( like its mystic version) has seemingly no relation to any quest. Found it among others in the local items slideshow. However, I attempt to avoid the uniform style of the panoply - the Arcane koine - normally 'Krauts' rattling and rolling :smile: That's why I'm looking for some unique (and light) armament.
    But probably you're right when pointing at its mere random occurrence in chests et al.
    (Perhaps the stuff is to be incorporated into the god-knows-what.mes.)

Thx.

4. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Oh now I see. A classic case of "teen angst". Your trying to form a sense of identity and individuality by going against what you perceive to be the "norm". That would explain the excessive vocabulary too.
    Don't worry kid you'll grow up some day. You just gotta give it time.

5. Surenas

Surenas New Member

Huuh. Sounds somewhat Freud to me - need more sitzfleisch to understand the psychological implications. However, I merely want to construct a colorful warclub (the 'koine'), for light-armed figures make more sense (and pleasure) than a uniform heavy metal gang, I think.
    And sorry for the strange terminology, Otto. I come from a scholarly list that is busy with ancient warfare and - no doubt - I'm no dwarf of the local kindergarten but a relict from the long gone punch card age.

6. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

Could it be a grognard in our midst? I didn't think such things existed in this day and age.

7. Surenas

Surenas New Member

You're right, Otto. At least if military history is to be understood as theoretical wargaming. Indeed, sometimes we use progs of the scene to check out our scenarios. The classical sandbox manoeuvre is obsolete, for sure.

BTW I've to undat the invensource.mes from one of the dat-files, I know. No idea how to handle the hex code so that the stuff becomes part of the gypsy's stock. I'll try to find it out.

8. Otto Krupp

Otto Krupp New Member

No need for hex on .mes files. Simply drag and drop into Notepad. You'll find the developers left all the notes you'll need:)

The InvenSource.mes is in Arcanum4.dat.

To match the numbers to the item name you need to undat Arcanum3.dat and look in description.mes.

A large portion of this game can modified with just Notepad and almost all the mes files have the developers notes that explain what each value does.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Otto Krupp on 2002-02-10 10:30 ]</font>

9. Surenas

Surenas New Member

Our Host!