Characters Attacking Each Other?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by ghosts, Nov 2, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. ghosts

ghosts New Member

I'm currently in the Caladon sewers, trying to find an entrance to Nasrudin's tomb (is this how to do it?). Virgil left me in T'sen-Ang and I haven't looked for him again yet, so I've got Magnus and Raven with me.

Every now and then, after battle, my character attacks Raven. Sometimes she'll give me a warning ("Be careful! I'm on your side!") but usually she just leaves my party and kills me. My attack on her comes out of nowhere, and the only thing I can think of is either that it's a glitch, or that maybe Raven accidentally hits my character with an arrow. To be safe, I turned off the Auto Attack option and it hasn't happened since (Raven also ran out of arrows, ugh), but I was wondering if anyone else had this problem. It's really annoying, to have to re-load every three minutes!

(Speaking of annoying, I'm an idiot & let the adventurers outside the Pit of Fires die -- without getting the blade I need -- so now I'm going to have to load from that spot, anyway. Either that or figure out how to kill all those Fire Elementals. :( )

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

That's what happens to me.

3. Dirtman

Dirtman New Member

It happened to me while playing Real Time and only while wielding the Bangellian Scourge, though I've connected it with the sword itself and its curse.

As for Virgil, go find him. *hint*

4. ghosts

ghosts New Member

Hmm, I'm positive I don't have that sword. I'm going to assume it's just Raven and her aiming skills! And no worries, I love Virgil too much to leave him behind.

I do have a question about T'sen-Ang though, while I'm here. I'm redoing this part of the game because of my previously mentioned Pit of Fires mistake, so things are happening a little differently.

The first time around, I didn't have a Molochean amulet & tried to tell the guard that I'd forgotten it. He became suspicious, of course, and when I spoke to M'in Gorad she didn't believe that I'd killed the survivor. She wouldn't give me any information, so I pick-pocketed the note containing info about Stennar and the Void. When I left, that guy from the Molochean Hand confronted me & I gave him the info about Arronax so he'd leave me alone.

The second time, I remembered to bring the amulet AND I had a few more persuasion points, so M'in believed that I was an assassin & I got what info I could out of her. This time, the Molochean Hand guy did not greet me as I left.

Does it matter whether or not you speak to him?

EDIT: Never mind. I guess this time I did it right, M'in suspected me of nothing the entire way through and Gideon came to see me, and this time he made me a "friend of the Molochean Hand". I don't even know what I did, hahaha.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Thank god, another Virgil fan!

He is too much fun. He's silly and a bit goofy and he's pretty much as loyal as they come (although I'm convinced that E!Virgil would stab you or fuck you if he thought he could get away with it...), and god help me he makes me laugh.

6. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Or both.
    Or fuck the stab wound and pump blobish white hate into your blood stream.

7. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

Um... ew...

And as a side note, I didn't look at the name of the OP just saw the avatar and thought: "Wait, Xaio has questions about Virgil? This doesn't seem right..."

8. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Yeah, there's a couple of duplicate avatars that screw with my head until I can focus.

9. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ew! That's so nasty! No, seriously, that's a mental image I didn't need.

Having said which, I would totally do E!Virgil. You know, as long as he promised to leave the knives at home. The rope and gag he could bring... :D Hey, Puppy, I know what you need to get me for my christmas present now!

10. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    A condom covered knife??
    Kevlar Teddy??

oh, wait..
    you'ld probably enjoy a kinbaku E!Virgil more, huh?

P.S. this guy even looks like Virgil.
    P.S.S Cool! There's even classes on tying technique. Too bad it's in the U.K. What's 40 Pounds in US$.
    P.S.S.S Gotta love that background flute music at this site.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The question everyone is asking right now: How does one earn a black belt in that shit?

12. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

:-o For some reason that link freaks me out more than bloody Rule #34

13. ghosts

ghosts New Member

LOL yeah, I've been thinking about changing my avatar, Xiao's got dibs!

Um. What does E!Virgil mean?

Haha this thread reminds me of a site I once found about "tie-up games" that kids & teenagers would oh-so-innocently take part in with friends/siblings/cousins ...

14. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

E!Virgil stands for Evil Virgil. Do a psychotic-evil runthrough some time, you'll understand why.

Thanks for changing your avvy, BTW. It was starting to confuse me.

15. papa_dog_1999

Media:
    Indeed.

I've seen another one of me here recently, but I can't remember who has (or had) the avitar.

16. Arthgon

Arthgon Well-Known Member

That is MackaN.

Our Host!