Character Ideas?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mr. Mellott, Mar 30, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

Ive beaten the game with
    -technologist/fighter :boxing:
    -mage/fighter :boxing:
    -Pure Mage
    -Gunfighter/thief/techie :rifle:
    -pure fighter :smash:

Any new Ideas I should try? Im really sick of Melee Fighting and Mages. I dont like followers because they take my XP and make my computer go SLOW, So no character ideas that would need followers to fight for me.

2. VoidVector

VoidVector New Member

3. Xombie

Xombie New Member

4. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

I went through a game with my character being a barbarian once - a half orc that nobody liked, background : barbarian and he only wore barbarian armors, that was interesting, basically a pure fighter but people react to you more. You could try that.

5. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

Thanks Deadly Bread!

I like the half orc Barbarian Deadly Bread, but with a twist, I put 2 cps into summoning and 5 into meta so I can summon Orcs and then cast reflection shield on them and have orc followers. A Half orc leading a tribe of orcs, YESSSSSSSSS!

6. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

Orc tribe, that's beautiful, I still need to make a shepherd with an invincible army of sheep(via reflection shield and polymorph) - I can't decide whether to give him any practical skills though, I might just give him all the useless spells and try to go through the game without investing in anything that's useful in any way...

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

deadly bread, i salute you... i don't think i've ever heard that idea before...

8. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

I just made the Orc tribe leader, no one will talk to me so I guess it will be one of those destroy the world characters!!!

Oh now I have some new ideas
    -the herd of undead cows
    -the group of false demons (nightmare)
    -billions of vorpal bunnies or if you have low magig apt. an army of cougars!

Oh how I now love reflection shield, Any other funny ideas?

9. Deadly Bread

Deadly Bread New Member

Well, I can't take all the credit for my plan, somebody else mentioned the sheep trick, and I just expanded it to it's logical extreme.

10. nicebrain

nicebrain New Member

How dos it work that reflection sheild thing. Can it work whit Neckmantic black? Do you need a lot of inteligence or what?

11. Mr. Mellott

Mr. Mellott New Member

You only need enough inteligence to have 2 spells running at once. Cast the creature you want, Cast reflection shield on it, Cancel the creature, Cancel the Reflection Shield and Viola! A summoned follower that dosent use fatigue.
    A warning however, Some creatures, when they are with you will not let NPC's talk to you, and you cant de-summon them.

Oh I have another interesting Idea, Miniature Orcs! The shrink spell should come in Handy Here... God I need spring break to be over so I can get my life back... :grin:

Our Host!