Celeb DM - Who wants to be a contender?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Dec 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

After much discussion, the time has come for a new Celebrity Deathmatch. In the vain of previous matches, two contestants will be chosen to debate over an issue of the utmost importance. A most appropriate question has been formulated after much deliberation.

The question, formulated from several hot topics that are currently raging across the vast depths of the chamber of this House of Lords, is as follows:

Would a questionnaire about an Arcanum MMORPG held during the Christmas holidays be more feasible when based in London or New York and what city would Jesus, under Islamic law, prefer to login to said MMORPG from, would the size of his monitor affect said MMORPG if he was drinking cordial at the time and does this have any bearing on the processes of pig insemination and on whether or not we are alone in the universe?

So, which of you out there are willing to take the challenge? Which among you are up to the task? Who is ready to face: The Celebrity DM?

Applicants/non-applicants/anyone who wants can make a request to take part in the DM in this thread. Any questions about rules/procedures/penguins may be asked and will hopefully be answered by someone who knows what they're talking about.

EDIT: Fixed a small typo at Menion's request.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It's just so crazy it might work...although, this sort of thing might work better as a team effort, with one person representing the team by being their 'poster' as it were.

So I suggest 2 teams of 3, with each team then having to choose a 'frontman'.

3. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

I'd like to participate if someone could explain to me what's going on.

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

It's simple - two (or, as I suggested, more) participants take up the opposite sides of the argument, debate the points, and then everyone votes on the winner. Good idea in theory, but hard to make it work. DU and I had one once about cordial flavours, and there were one or two others along the way. The idea originally was to have some sort of elimination competition, but it was just an idea, and like most, went nowhere, like this sentence which just won't end.

5. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

It was a velly good idea. Wonder who originally thunk of it? S_F? Anyway, I'd be interested in a revival, howsomuchfortoever short-lived it may be.

I never really got the chance to have my Death-Match thread with ThreeDogs, the one about Artificial Insemination in Hogs: Pros and Cons. 3dogs started it once, but, like many threads in that day, it was reduced to shambles rather quickly by the evils of spam.

6. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

That Frankenstein's monster of a quesiton was built by the twin mad genius of DU and Milo (who we all know are the same person, anyway). I had nothing to do with it, except possibly a pointless exchange with Sereina about why the whole world outside Manhatten is a backwater.

Welcome back, by the way. It's good to see you, so to speak. Did you accomplish your mission in Polan- ... um ... I mean, did you have a nice time?

7. Menion Ravenlock

Menion Ravenlock New Member

Hmmm I might join. Yes, this sounds very very good. *nod's head*

PS. Ummm DU?
    Might want to change this Deatmatch? You mean Deathmatch right? *Chuckles to himself hehe.*

8. Milo

Milo New Member

HAHAHA OWNED

9. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

10. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

How about a regulars vs new people battle? For instance, we can have me, Fatman and Milo/DU vs M@de in Someplacethat'spossiblycommunist and Menion and someone else.

11. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Menion, that is really starting to piss me off. So, DU made a typo! DU made fun of you for your spelling and grammar! Who cares? DU makes fun of everyone. You need to stop doing that, because frankly it's quite hypocritical. Whatever bone you have to pick with DU, I'd let drop because he messes around with everyone, you're no different. It's just what he does. Okay?

12. carlstar

carlstar New Member

grrrr i'm a viking

Put me on the losing side... i mean the newbie side. So i've been here for a year but i have a post count of that of the average person who has been here for about 2 months. Guess i don't do that spamming thing, oh and i leave and come back all the time.

13. DarkUnderlord

It's okay Snowmane, I fixed the error.

14. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

15. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

Looks like all that stalking is starting to pay off DarkUnderlord, maybe you can trick, er, sweet talk our resident supermodel into e-mailing you some runway pictures for us to salivate over.

You lucky bastard.

16. carlstar

carlstar New Member

Whos a runway model and why don't i know such things.... Its not sheriff fatman is it. It would explain why every one wants to see his ass

17. DarkUnderlord

They're in my inbox as we speak :grin:

Now then, how's this:

M@de in China vs retard

I was interested in Jarinor's group idea, but didn't want to think about the mess it would create. So, M@de in China, retard, are you two interested? If I start the topic, you two would be willing to participate?

Rules:
    Each poster is allowed 5 posts in the topic. (This beats the old 1 week method I think, as it means you can take the time you need, usually 1 post per day is how it plays out). If both contenda's are in agreeance, the topic will be created by me. The first contenda to post gets to pick the side he wishes to debate. The other contenda will have to choose the opposite side of the debate and argue that point. Of course, the person who posts first misses out on posting last. The other contenda will be have the Final Post.

It should play out something like this:
    DarkUnderlord makes topic
    A - Chooses to post the argument "for" (Post No A1)
    B - Has no choice and posts the argument "against" (Post No B1)
    A - Posts reply (A2)
    B - Post reply (B2)
    A - Posts reply (A3)
    B - Post reply (B3)
    A - Posts reply (A4)
    B - Post reply (B4)
    A - Posts reply (A5)
    B - Post reply (B5)

Poll created by DarkUnderlord, forum users choose the best debater by voting. Once the debate is over after both contendas have made 5 posts, the contendas and the users can comment on the debate (this is during the poll period). Was it a good topic? Did it work well? Who made the best point? The worst point? Etc...

No-one else is allowed to post in the topic while the debate is on. Only once the debate is over is posting by other users allowed. Ignore this rule and you get a special avatar¹.

The poll runs for a week and once closed, the winner is announced. Shazam! Good huh? It's a pity Vlad isn't around to see his idea in action once again.

¹This is a BAD thing, for those of you who don't realise that. Maybe an ass-face or something, depending on Jinxed's mood.

18. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Dark, I would be interested. However, in your pm to me, you mentioned something about a Christmas debate. What would be the argument? There are a few, (very few) topics on which I would choose to stay out of, namely, religion. Other than that, count me in, killa!!!!

19. M@de in China

M@de in China New Member

I'm and I could care less of the topic, but it would be really hard on me because I'm more or less athiest (sp)

20. DarkUnderlord

No no, it's this debate, but it's going to be called: The Christmas Debate

(The idea being that it's taking place close to Christmas, and it's a Debate) So if you're both interested in taking part in The Christmas Debate with the topic being:

Would a questionnaire about an Arcanum MMORPG held during the Christmas holidays be more feasible when based in London or New York and what city would Jesus, under Islamic law, prefer to login to said MMORPG from, would the size of his monitor affect said MMORPG if he was drinking cordial at the time and does this have any bearing on the processes of pig insemination and on whether or not we are alone in the universe?

Then I'll start it now... and here it is: Celeb DM - The Christmas Debate

Our Host!