Car Arcanum

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by who_is_daniel, May 26, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

Hi,

I have been playing Car Arcanum lately and I really love it! I have been to the web site

http://chris.terra-arcanum.com/

But have been unable to get a reply from Chris or find the information I need online.

My first of many questions is: How are the "Gloves of Healing" used? The discription says that they just need to be worn to use... well I have worn then and never seen anything happen. As far as I understand it you need Bandages (or first aid kit?) to use the healing skill, the gloves are suposed to surcumvent this. You take the bandages and put them on your hot bar, then click on them (on the hot bar) and then select who you want to heal. Each box of Bandages has a limitewd number of uses. No matter what I have tried or I cannot seem to get the gloves working. Can ANYONE help me out with this at all?

Also is there any way to find out what spells the "Spirited" or "Divine" weapons cast? For example I have a divine revolver of somthing or other and there are a couple of spell graphics that sometimes happen, but I do not really see what exactly those effects are. How do I figure this out?

-Daniel

Ps, I am at college right now and do not have time to run a spell check before my next class, so I opologise for my horrible spellling, and typo's.

2. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Hello newbie, I've always given the gloves directly to one of my followers and never tried to use them myself so I can't help you there, but I've never had any problems with whoever I did give them to in not useing them. With the divine weapons I remember reading an explanation about them somewhere, and for no reason I can explain I think it was in a readme file, check back through the zip and see if you find anything, but I don't think that's going to help you.

3. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

1. And somehow your follower bearing the gloves keeps healing you? Hmmm.... I have checked the readme files and everything and there are no explanations there.

2. In Shrowded Hills at the Panari Musiem (right above the crypt), one of the placks say a little somthing about Divine and Spirited weapons but it did not say much. I have tried E-mailing Chris Beddoes several times over the past couple of weeks but I have receaved no responces.

3. Another thing, will the Level 127 patch work with Car Arcanum? It seems like it dose, and I think I read somewhere that it works.

4. I ran into a bug where whenever I am looking in my follower's inventory and I click on the Right Arrow to cycle through each persons inventory the game Locks up permenetly every single time I get to Magnes. After a few hours of trying things I had to drop him from the group; very frustrating seeing as how he was over level 40...

4. who_is_daniel

who_is_daniel New Member

5. donleo

donleo New Member

Hi, I´m from Argentina (my english is really bad, I know, sorry about that, I know the words, but the grammar is another thing...) and I think Arcanum is the best rpg ever :thumbup: , better than fallout. I also play pen & paper rpg, and I´m want to create a Pen & Paper version of arcanum, using modified rules of runequest. I´m working on it. :D

I installed carcanum, but, i think it dont work right. i mean, where is the damn thing?, and in the web page it says that talk to the "dungeon master" at the begining... but, where the hell is that idiot? (no offense) :cry:
    What Im ar doing wrong? , I dont have any other mods, Im sure of it...
    Thanks for the help.

6. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

I've been playing it too and enjoying it for the most part. But I have noticed some nasty bugs I can't quite get around. First off, the explosives technology line. I've learn up to dynamite, which is now moved around to the number 4 or 5 slot I believe, but I require 2 explosives manuals to create it. That is no big problem. My problem is, I need to make Fire Obstructions for use in another schematic. I try to make them (using a tech manual- since Chris did not change around the tech aptitudes of the components needed to make the schematics, just re-ordered them apparently) and IT MAKES DWARVEN ORE of all things. Does this go away when you get full tech on explosives or if I get a follower to learn the explosives line? Anyone?

Edit: Nevermind, judging by the 'frequency' of use on these forums, figured out how to fix it. Used graphical undat and mes editor listed elswhere. The Culprit was the the \rules\schematics.mes file, scroll down to where you see fire obstructions results number, it should be 15112, not 15122. That is what was pointing it to the dwarven ore in the description.mes file elsewhere and giving the wrong result. Then its simply a matter of rebuilding the Arcanum5.dat from scratch. Just use add/wildcard and point it to the directory you unpacked it all too, and use the *.* wildcard. It will rebuild all subdirectories into it and create a dat which you name arcanum5 and throw it back into your Carcanum directory, worked like a charm.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

8. Tekkus McDwarf

Tekkus McDwarf Member

pathed? idk, i've got about 10 minutes modding experience. Everything seems pretty simple and straightforward tho, that is the files do.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Sorry, that was a typo, patched. Are you patched?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!