Can not install UAP

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by knobhdy, May 19, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. knobhdy

knobhdy New Member

Hi. I purchased Arcanum from GoG.com and I am trying to install the UAP. I am using Windows 7.

When I click on the .exe file though a command window opens but nothing happens. Given that the GoG install is located in two different folders, I am not sure where I should run the .exe from.

I have read that people are using the UAP with the GoG install, so can someone please point me to the location from which I should run the UAP exe, please?

Thanks.

2. Charonte

Charonte Member

UAP .exe is an installer and should be able to detect where your Arcanum install is.

Have you disabled UAC? In the control panel, under user accounts I think you'll find a link to 'change UAC settings' - slide the slider all the way to the bottom. If you're unwilling to do that (it's actually pretty safe), right-click on the UAP exe, click properties and under compatability tick run as administrator.

What are the contents of the two folders containing Arcanum? Don't need a complete list, just a rough idea. I'm thinking one of them consists of gog-specific files only and not arcanum itself (GoG is meant to be DRM free, after all).

3. knobhdy

knobhdy New Member

There is a folder in Program Files which contains the arcanum exe file and a bunch of what look like run files.

There is an additional folder under /users/myusername/apps settings (or whatever, I don't have my windows 7 computer in from of me right now) which contains the save games and the, I think, the module folders.

I think this is more of a Windows 7 thing than a GoG thing.

I did run the UAP.exe as administrator, and again I only saw the blank command window. maybe it did install, and for some reason I am not seeing the output to the cmd window.

I will check the control panel when I get home tonight.

Thank you for your help.

Our Host!