Calis,the boards have fewer and fewer visitors.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by chrisbeddoes, Jun 10, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

What about a spam section so that more people will post ?

Mayby i am a fool but i beleive that the reason that the Inn Vault has 10 times more posters that the Sierra ones are that they are essentially unmoderated.

People dont like moderation.
    Sometimes you have to let go of something in order to keep it.

As for spam nobody is bothered by it.

People are bothered only by flames.

2. Calis

Calis Member

Naah...
    I did let it go on for a while. Visitor numbers were already dropping before I started doing any real moderation.
    I beg to differ. Do you think that I would've implemented those rules if there hadn't been at least a few complaints?

Thanks for the input though, Chris. I'll definitely take it all into consideration.

3. monkeypunch

monkeypunch New Member

personally i'm not against an unmoderated board, make it about whatever, and perhaps stick it under hosted forums, or in a category just over the private channel.

i might personally enjoy it, perhaps we could have a disclamer even, stating that this is indeed a unmoderated channel, and whatever happens are on you to sort out yourself *G*

4. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

indeed, and the BB code does enough, nothing fancy, but it does most of what you need for simply text and picture formating.

5. Aldin

Aldin New Member

I doubt there is a serious problem with traffic decline. It's summer which means people are on vacation. The demo has been played to death. Things are sure to pick back up when the game hits. Til then most of what needs to be said has been said... Sad, but IMNSHO, true.

6. Calis

Calis Member

Well Chris, thanks for your love. :smile:
    I'll think a bit more about the "dust bin board" idea.

Aldin, I have no doubt that this board will get massive traffic once the game is out, but I want to make it a good hangout for Arcanum fans before that.

7. Aldin

Aldin New Member

Calis,
    Sorry if i came off wrong. This is the arcanum board that i consider my home board. I think it's a great place to hang out. I was just saying that i think at least some of the traffic drop off was probably seasonal/timing instead of a dislike for the boards policies. I could be wrong. Life's funny that way...

8. masterxfob

masterxfob New Member

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

10. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I totally agree with Chris here. Obviously, I would.

There is this board about webmasters that have a spam section. I don't know if this server can handle if but the said forum gets a lot of traffic from visitors. Okay, so its all about the web making industry that is why people post but also they like to talk about certain things other than work.

Probably most people here are either freelancers or works with a company. They tend to relax by posting funny quotes and stuff like that at the spam section of the board. The thread about spams (the food) got a lot of response. Eventually, the section was closed. They now use that section to transfer spams gathered from a section of the board to this section.

I guess it is still moderated but I guess they do still need to control how people react to each other responses. Once there were these two rival companies who was locked because they are being silly and calling names trying to tell readers that their company is the best.

I like this forum and that is why I put a link at this instead of making my own forum. I did enjoy my stay here.

Best of luck! :smile:

11. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

the drop in participation on the boards is, simply put, that no one seems to need help with Arcanum anymore. The solution? I suggest maybe a section on patches and mods- what people would like to see in Arcanum changed and improved, or added. It might not work, but it's a start...

12. Calis

Calis Member

What are you people going on about? This thread dates back to *JUNE* for crying out loud! It's not a problem anymore! Move along! Nothing to see here!

13. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

14. Etalis Craftlord

15. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

that is what I was wondering that master guy brought it up.
    and you should be afraind in while there is not gonna be anyone left expect me al and dakun and we are obssed with posting.

16. Etalis Craftlord

so true so true.
    Still, i think a mod section would be cool.
    Really.
    Don't look at me like that!

17. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Oh, look! Just saw Etalis's 100th post. Well, probably not this one but just saw the 100.

18. Etalis Craftlord

19. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Our Host!