bones, bates, and itty bitty statues

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by rone talek, Nov 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rone talek

rone talek New Member

i have three questions

1 . i have two people asking for the skulls of the twins should i give them to the scientist or to the guy talking about the evil plot?

p.s. i am going to try to give to science guy then pickpocket them if that doesnt work i will go with your advice

2 . also i talked to a guy who i think will give me a ride on his ship but i need to talk to this bates guy but i cant for the life of me get past the gaurds at his house please advise

3 . also i know the location for the elven shrine that uses the little statues but i got it through the internet my charater is lvl 18 is it safe to go there?

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

1. I'd bring them to evil plot man, much more interesting, but it's really whatever you want to do, what would your character do? You can do either, or possibly both.
    2. If you simply talk to the guards out front, you can convince them to let you in. If that cannot be done, you can sneak in underground, the entrance to the tunnel is over in the graveyard.
    3. It should be safe, but make sure you're making offerings in the right order if you want to get the great big blessing.

3. rone talek

rone talek New Member

big blessing?

what do you mean about order and a great big blessing?

4. Womble

Womble New Member

Your choice to make- but I, just like Icarus, recommend the guy with the evil plot.

Ok, here's the list of possibilities:

1)You can talk to the guards and persuade them to let you in, if you have enough Persuasion.
    2)You can do the factory saboteurs quest the guard gives you, then you will be allowed in.
    3)You can find a man named Ceadric Appleby and take his quests- first the factory one, then the one that gets you into Bates' house.
    4)You can talk to Appleby, lie to him that you accept the factory quest, and THEN talk to Bates' guards and tell them that Appleby wanted to hire you for sabotage.

Yes, but you better make yourself a list of how to make offerings in the correct order. Just to make sure you get the ultimate blessing.

5. rone talek

rone talek New Member

guards

i talked to the guards at the bates house and they wont let me in they dont mention any of the stuff also i think there are supposed to be a lot of quests involving the appleby guy so i dont want to rat

also where will i get the list of offerins? also are they offerings for one shrine or all of them?

p.s. i gave the skulls to the scientist then i lifted them back and gave them to the plot guy

6. toller

toller New Member

1. Its your choice. This is a side quest and no points unless your walking and fighting along the way. The half-ogre island quest is just for fun.

2. Did you find the original owner of the ring you got at the crashsite. Complete that quest first and search the file cabinets. You will get a quest to talk to Bates.

3. Most Blessing Shrines are on your normal quest paths, with some deviation. Collect all offerings as defined at the blessing sites because if you give an offering out of sequence the current offering and the previous one are cursed. Then you have to figure out the correct pattern and repeat the cursed blessing. Look at the map at Tarant University and copy the map for a reference to the order of the offerings.

SPOILER:

Your first offering for the ending Blessing begins after your first visit to Qintarra. Examine Falcons Ache carefully.

Our Host!