Bloodlines official webpage updated

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Jinxed, Nov 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

That's right. <a href="http://www.vampirebloodlines.com/">Cick away</a> for a whole bunch of stuff that's available for browsing. Some info about the vampire clans, concept art and a few movies among other things. Too bad the site is in flash and it's a little tricky to save anything.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Oh, finally! Content! Thanks Jinxed!

Hehe, this game is really giving me goosebumps. Not only because it contains vampires and stuff, I mean - just take a look at the screenshots! And the movies! Wooooi! Phenomenal engine that.

Ooh... I really should get to upgrade that graphics card... does anyone know what kind of machine one will need to run this thing?

3. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Yeah. I remeber we heared something about that. However, that was when the game was very early in its development stage. We have to look at roots of the engine, Valve. Half-Life had good Open-Gl support back in the day it was released. I'm guessing part two will work in Open-Gl support just as well or even better. What cards have great support for it? Nvidia cards. So You'll probably get around with a card as old as a full Geforce 3. I'm not sure if a GF 2 MX will be able to handle it. Probably worth a try though. You'll also need at least 512 ram to play in higher resolutions anyway.

4. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Look toward the future & consider the 128 mb Gforce 4 & Radeon 9xxx lines as the bare minimum.

No one realy takes advantage of the AGP 8X standard yet nor the 256 meg that the top cards have today, so used is a good option. The top line cards take a lot of juice, so if you spend $200 US or more, think about your power supply. A marginal one will have to be upgraded.

5. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Radeon9500pro > GF FX series up till 5900
    Radeon9500pro > GF 4 Ti series
    Geforce FX 5900< Rad9800pro
    Radeon9800pro > GF FX 5950

Get a 9600pro. It's cost effective. :)

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

http://www.vampirebloodlines.com/vampires.swf

Right-click, save-as. While pure-flash sites are the bane of the internet world, the benefit of being able to download the entire thing with one easy click shouldn't be ignored.

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Hmmm.... my economy might just survive the hit of purchasing a 9600pro (of course, if I wait until Vampires get out, I might even get it cheaper... )

Thanks for the tip, fellow Otaku! :)

Hmmm... a 128 mb card should last for quite some time then, right?

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Exactly my thought on the subject. I got a Radeon 8500 All in Wonder moments after 8X AGP came out. It has 128 meg & AGP 4X. Its repalcement, the 9000 series, are only available in 64 meg to steer people to the next generation, now numbered 9500 & higher. (9400?)

9. Icairus

Icairus New Member

A 128 meg card won't last nearly as long as you need it to. However, it will last a lot longer than anything smaller, so that is good.
    Shadygrove has the right idea. Buy an All-In-Wonder, the difference between it and a Radeon in terms of power is negligible, but AIWs come with so many bonus features it is just Orgasmic.

10. Herald

Herald New Member

Oh no, don't buy an all-in-wonder. My buddy has one, and it's clocked waaaay to slow to play Enemy Territory with the settings i use (i have a 9600pro which is slightly overclocked). Off course if you only want to play in 1024 then go ahead and buy that All-in-Wonder. And thx to that site i'm now REALLY looking forward to the Vampire game (i liked the first one already, and Troika bound to make it better).

PS: i know, i'm spoiled, most people don't have a dad who loves gaming. It's not like I bought the extra 768 ram or the 120 gyg hdd, i'm just one lucky dude :D

11. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I went for the AiW because I have gone convergence. In Seattle that machine is my whole enterainment center.

The problem with convergince. When your computer is down so is your TV, DVD, CD, & everything else.

Our Host!