Bloodlines is bloody good, says CGW

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by DarkUnderlord, Apr 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Computer Gaming World have taken a squiz at <a href="http://www.vampirebloodlines.com">Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines</a>. According to their <a href="http://www.computergaming.com/article2/0,2053,1562546,00.asp">preview</a>, it's bloody good. Here's a bit you probably haven't read before in any of the other previews:
    <br><blockquote>CGW recently had the opportunity to take an exclusive look at a boss battle in the heart of Chinatown. A stone gargoyle, the product of blood magic gone awry, is on the rampageâ€â€￾and you've been tasked by a Tremere clan regent to clean up the mess. In the remnants of an aging building, garish in its Oriental reds and greens, the beast crashes through the ceiling. Shards of glass fall, and a terrible roar echoes.
    <br>
    <br>Now, if you're an especially charming vampire, that gargoyle may stop long enough to mince words with youâ€â€￾convince him properly, and he might just put a willing end to his troublesome defiance. More than likely, though, the gargoyle will just let loose in a berserker rage, smashing pillars in his wake. All the while, the physics engine runs its magic, crumbling that second floor down atop your head. Herein, story, statistics, and engine come together to shape the gaming narrative.</blockquote>
    <br>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.rpgcodex.com">RPGCodex</a>

2. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

Wait... he crashes in, roaring, then calms down and has a talk with me?.... Ok.

3. DarkUnderlord

Yeah, I thought that sounded a bit odd too. I'm hoping that's all it is too, just how it sounds, rather than actually being weird in the game.

Is it a problem inherent with the "talk your way out" character though? I mean, for it to be viable, you need "violent, uncontrollable" characters to stop for a minute and have a word with you, otherwise it's just a FPS, isn't it?

4. Role-Player

Role-Player New Member

Yes, that's true. I was just wondering about the presentation of this. One thing is to have a monster in a frenzied state, breaking everything and crashing in. Under no circumstance would it be credible that he would calmly pause, and talk to me.

Now, if he was already there, and got angry because i distrubed it, that would make more sense, as it would be likely it would be curious as to what i was doing there, and could decide to talk before having a snack.

5. DarkUnderlord

I'm hoping is the second scenario. As you say, "Me MAD! Me ANGRY MONSTAR! RARRRHHH!! Oh hell dere, how are you?" is just wierd.

6. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i'm anxiously awaiting my own chance at this game... now that there's money in my future, i can actually look forward to games.

7. DarkUnderlord

Your selling your baby into slave labour? I thought they had to be older for that.

Our Host!