Black Mountain Clan

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Criton, Jan 3, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Criton

Criton New Member

How do you make it through the Black Mountain Clan without the traps wiping you out if you are so techie that you cannot use the sense traps scrolls?

2. Longtooth

Longtooth New Member

I used Jayna Stiles as a follower and made sure she had a ton of those little healing bowls. she just hangs back and keeps healing as I stumble over all the traps.

3. AsenathWaite

AsenathWaite New Member

Traps!

The worst thing about those traps is not that they injure you or poison you, it is that they totally destroy your armour -and you will notice that when you get repairs done, you can never really get back to 100%. I didn't have enough scrolls to get me through all the trapped areas (but I did make it). I don't like to cheat and simply restart the game after every trap goes off.

4. Longtooth

Longtooth New Member

then don't wear your favorite armor. Grab some plain chain or something.

5. Odi

Odi New Member

Training up your repair skill certainly helps and as Expert you should be able to keep the teams equipment up to a decent level of servicability. Just keep a check on armor and weapons. A Master succeeds with repair at 100% and can even repair destroyed items (up to 99%). Problem is at this stage of the game you have yet to find the Repair Master for training.

As a firearms tech you will need 750+ rounds of ammunition. As a mage, almost 25% of my backpack contained fatigue potions (the smaller jugs). As per healing salves, hitting the mines with 20 of these plus 8 or so healing kits worked out fine (healing skill of Expert).

To avoid them, there are only two alternatives concerning the traps: train up your trap spotting capabilities or create the flow spectrolyzer (or something like that. Make one by combining a compass and small electrical parts.) There are too many traps and not enough scrolls. I've made it through those mines a number of times without trap spotting or the flow spectro thing.

6. Cruor

Cruor New Member

Me to but I was a mage and had two followers with healspells so my life was up to max before I saw it go down by the traps... quite convenient if I may say so... but I realize that there could be quite a challange for a tech... Arcanum seems to be favored towards mages...

(possible spoiler)
    But I suggest that you go to ashbury if you have it one your map and give the camera from the crash... to a guy in a factory to the south that want's you to get proof that his flyingmachines works (the ones that blew the zeppelin out of the skies) and therfore you give him the camera, in return you will get a medical arachnid which is a master at healing techs and you even get a schematic to it! That should work for you!

7. Criton

Criton New Member

Cruor,
    You are talking about Maxim. He is in Caladon. Master Repair quest.

I figured it out. Thanks All!

"Look fresh meat. He has such pretty lips. You will be my bitch!"

"Yulaw is no one's bitch!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Criton on 2002-01-03 22:19 ]</font>

Our Host!