Bigger weapon differences

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Grunt, Jul 1, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grunt

Grunt New Member

I'd like to see bigger differences in the effects of the different weapon types, at the moment there's not really that much difference between a dagger and a mace. I mean, sure one's quicker and the other heavier but really there's not that much between them.

For starters the same skill is required to use both

also I can understand why a dagger would get damaged against a golem but why a hammer - a hammer should have more effect crushing a golem too. Perhaps you could have hammers and maces ignoring some of the damage resistance from plate armours and spears ignoring some of the resistance of chain mail like, dare I say it, Real life?

Basically what I'm saying is that at the moment there's no point in getting half the weapons as they're immediately outclassed by something just as affordable. Eg the rusty mace - why? It's not a particular gripe about arcanum either - this happens in most RPG's. :cry:

2. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

u have a good point and i think they should implement that in the new game...

3. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

like a strong blow from behind with a mace or hammer should do more damage then a dagger
    ...and it should be used differently...

Our Host!