Beyond Stupidity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mael, Oct 2, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mael

Mael New Member

This was on the local news last night:
    There was this guy who tucked his home made handgun in his waist inside his jeans and sat outside their house and waited for any member of their rival gang to pass in front of the house.
    After a while someone did.
    Maybe a little bit nervous he jumps from where he was sitting and triggering the hand gun, blowing his member off.

2. Force Of Evil

Force Of Evil New Member

3. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

I've got one too, Mael. Hope ya don't mind.

My wife's dad used to be a police officer. He told me about the weirdest call he ever responded to.

He got a call about a domestic dispute and some shots were heard coming from the residence. When he arrived on the scene, he saw a very large man, sitting on his front porch, with his bare feet propped up on an Igloo cooler. His feet were covered in blood. What happened was the funniest story I had ever heard.

The man, upset because his wife hid his cigarettes, pulled out a 38 magnum, and proceeded to shoot himself. In the foot. In BOTH FEET. He then limped outside, sat down in a chair, and waited for the ambulance to come. What did he have to say? "Well, when I go to the hospital, THEY'LL let me smoke!"

This guy was beyond drunk. He also said he had his feet propped up cause they were hurting him. Oh, and the sad part was my father in law informed him that you can't smoke in a hospital. The man just shook his head and said, "Well shit all over me."

4. Mael

Mael New Member

LOL
    i guess stupidity is everywhere

5. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

Yes, it's everywhere. Too bad there's such a high concentration of it in Arkansas though :(

About 2 weeks ago, a local man was arrested on various outstanding warrants (burglary and assault, IIRC) ... now somehow, he injured his ankle, so the police promptly took him to the hospital. There, docs announced his ankle was broken, put it in a cast, gave him a set of crutches, and sent him on his merry way with the officers...

On the way out the hospital doors, the guy makes a break for it! Hobbling away on crutches, he actually got away from the police - they broke out the dogs, and still didn't find him! Mind you, the guy is on crutches!

A week later, they catch him and arrest him again.... the moron stole a car and got pulled over. He'll run away on crutches but not in a car?

Who's dumber in this story? The criminal or the cops?

*sigh*

6. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

This sort of stuff only happens in America

I heard this On the Tonight Show:

There was a hold up at a cafe, the masked robber took all the money from the cashier and some wallets. He then wanted a bottle of Jack Daniels. The barman refused to give it to him explaining he is not permitted to sell alcohol to minors. The robber at that moment gave him his driving license to inspect. The cops were already waiting for the guy at his home before he got back.

7. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Not true.

8. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

This stuff MOSTLY happens in america. Its all those damn hicks that infest the place. Because they can't get it on with just ONE person outside their family, they decide to get with their sister/mom/dad/daughter/grandpa/whatever and mulitply their stupidity.

They need to be sent to a place where when they do something stupid, they are actually punished, not encouraged to go on.

THAT'S why most of this stuff happens in america. :nod:

9. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

That, and that other countries send those criminals they can find in their country to america. It is an old plan from the comunistic period, wich was ment to make the american people more stupid, that worked well and therefore has not been stopped after the cold war. The effects can still be seen just look at Bush junior. :wink:

10. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

This story isn't really stupid so much as it is shocking, a man was beat to death by a mob of teenagers ranging in age from 10-18 who wielded bats, rakes, and rocks. One of the older boys coerced a 10 year-old to through an egg at the man, which hit him on the shoulder. The man chased the boy but was stopped by a 14 year-old. The man promptly punched the teen, knocking a tooth out. It was at this time the rest of the kids began attacking. I read the man escaped into someone's house only to be dragged back out, where the mob beat the man into a coma. He died shortly thereafter. :smash: CNN 10/02/02

11. xento

xento New Member

:lol: Those are the funniest stories I have ever read! Got anything else?

12. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

I disagree I think that stupidity is pretty much a worldwide thing and fairly widespread it's just that America for some reason feels a need to broadcast our stupidity as though we were proud of it. The rest of the world quite sensibly tries to shove it under the proverbial rug

Edit:Looks like whilst I was off corralling the little ones a couple people posted so this was in response to ctofdiscord

13. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

I agree with you for the most part. Stupidity is pretty much a worldwide problem. About the only place that isn't afflicted is the UK. We eradicated it a few years back and are now all enjoying its absence.

I can't understand why other countries don't do the same. It seems stupid not to.

14. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

How do you explain the Spice Girls then Sheriff?

15. Ferret

Ferret New Member

Ah! That's simple!

That wasn't stupid to start with. Originally, it was a good idea, and they did very well indeed. However, it all broke down when they started doing world tours and things went wrong! :eek:

It's obvious that some sort of stupidity-contamination went on, and when they came back to England, they just couldn't re-adapt! :(

16. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Ferret's right - contact with the stupidity of the outside world has its perils and we have to be constantly vigilant against it. Fortunately, we're taught anti-stupidity techniques as part of our basic education.

Bear in mind, if something we're doing appears stupid to you, it's probably just because you're too stupid to understand.

17. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Popstars. Damn that infernal show forever.

18. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

I think the spice grills were born stupid. Their first single was utterly brainless.

19. Ct0fDiscord

Ct0fDiscord New Member

No matter how well you get rid of stupidity, theres always those damn popstars that makes things worse. :(

20. Darkwalker

Darkwalker Member

http://www.cnn.com/ Check this out to read up on the "shoe bomber."

This jackass is looking at a minimum of 390 years in the booty house.
    I submit his photo be sent to uglypeople.com. Sheriff, seeing as how this guy is a subject of the Queen Mum, how would you explain his level of stupidity? :wink:

Sorry guys, in the above link click on the beat down story, at the bottom you can link to the shoe bomber story.

Our Host!