Bethesda Softworks to Develop and Publish Fallout 3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Milo, Jul 12, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

There really never was a chance that fallout 3 would be done in isometric. Isometric has a list of disadvantages over other views a mile long.
    Even Troika is making its newest game in first person.

However, over-the-shoulder is nice and easy, and if it isn't in Turn-Based and SPECIAL, I believe that Beth is going to burn to the ground. Or there is going to be a scene much like the Fallout 2 intro video, featuring an angry fallout fan with high skill in big guns and bethesda employees.

But what we all truly hope for, is that Bethesda will realize that they will get lynched when they botch FO3, and so they publish it and have Troika develop.

2. Quethim

Quethim New Member

Isometric is Fallout....it always has and it always should be...

If the game doesn't feel like Fallout, I shall be angered and curse Bethesda forever. They will probably make a freakin slow Fallout....fallout...ISN'T slow, which is why I liked it. :)

3. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

I have yet to see a first person turnbased game.

Either he is trying to intimidate diehard fallout fans or he was ear-raped trough his brain.

4. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

And then Troika won't get enough time to do the game, and there'd be tons of bugs and... Well we've already seen that happen twice - Troika should definitely get some good negotiators.

Truth be told I doubt Bethesda would allow anyone else develop the game. Should they succeed - they'll be winners. Should they screw it up - they'll still be the ones to resurrect the series and still they'll be able to claim 'It's only those stupid hardcore Fallout fans who say our game's bad and they don't count cause they'll but it anyway and we still managed to go mainstream". Dammit, the game's development has been hardly announced and I'm already bitching about it. Let's look at the bright side - it can't get worse than F:T, can it?

5. Settler

Settler Member

O...K...

It looks like Bethesda has the rights to Fallout three and other sequels, but Interplay still reserves the right to develop a Fallout MMORPG. This is going to be a mess :(.

6. Milo

Milo New Member

What's with all the hate? Are fallout fans so jaded and pissed off, they can't get excited about a new game being made?

I guess I'm alone in that I'm excited with this news. I didn't like Morrowind, but I won't say Bethesda makes shitty games.

I'd rather be cautiously optimistic at this point, that's all.

7. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

This is what it sounds like when Baby Jesus cries...

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Over a new Fallout game being made by a company who are best known for Dialogue Vending Machines? Yes.

9. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

Well at least we managed to flood Bethesda's forums with jeremiads about how NOT to fuck the game. It's beautiful to see four threads on the same subject get filled to top capacity in two days.

10. DEATH AT THE DOOR

Because a sequel to two isometric, turn-based RPGs will be a first-person, real-time action RPG (as confirmed by Bethesda).

11. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

They have not confirmed anything yet. I don't think they even have started working on the planing for the game.

12. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Milo, I'm with you. I want them to make FO3. I want to see it.
    I don't think we have any reason to pledge any form of jihad or desire to bomb Bethesda. Not until they give actual information as to how the game will work, anyway.

13. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Wait we must. The dark side strong grow it will if bethaseda fuck upp this.

14. DEATH AT THE DOOR

They did.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

If Fallout 3 is a real-time FPS, it isn't Fallout 3. It's a FPS with Fallout slapped on the front cover.

16. DEATH AT THE DOOR

Well, there was Fallout: Enforcer which was BG: Dark Alliance with the Fallout logo slapped on the front cover. And BG: Dark Alliance was a generic H&S with BG slapped on the cover...

17. Milo

Milo New Member

Do you have a link that backs this up? God, I hope it's not true.

But even if it is, I'll probably still get it once it comes out. It's not impossible to make a game with the same Fallout feel as the first two games, but as an FPS. It worked for Metroid Prime.

18. Canis

Canis New Member

Unless I've missed something, all they've confirmed is that Fallout 3 will be "using technology that we're developing". As Bethsoft is also currently working on Elder Scrolls 4, the assumption is that FO3 will be using THAT technology, and will be a FPS. Additionally, they have said that FO3 will be released for console as well, which is seldom a good sign.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/fallout-3/5297 ... ?fromint=1

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Fuck Bethesda...I say we start a smear campaign against them if it turns out they will be royally fucking the Fallout universe up.

20. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

It's comments like this that have me concerned:

Oh yeah, tell me about the depth in Morrowind.

Quote number 2:

Yep.

... and finally:
    Yet now, they apparently don't know what they're doing with it. They've coughed up millions of dollars for a licence and their best answer is "Nope, don't know".

Our Host!