Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Solaris, Apr 6, 2004.
Just using simple logic, TH...plain old logic.
You'd be surprised how good a Halfling with the "Ran Away With The Circus" background works. That is what I am using right now and with immense fun. Plus the + crit hit chance IS noticable...
Best race to play? Try out Davord, my half-orc who is the Master of Bow, Melee, Dodge, Throwing, Pickpocketing and Firearms.
Sorry to boast, but he's bloody good
I like Humans and Half-Orcs myself. It seems that everyone here plays mages, or Dwarven Smiths, I myself have had a splendid time playing Human technologists. The guns may be weak (Well, I've modified mine to hell now, so they're pretty good.), but give a man some knock-out-gas grenades, and he can take down an army.
I dont know why, but I just enjoy RPing humans and hafl-orcs the most. I did have one really fun Elf character, however the game glitched and his life was ruined.
Anyone ever tried playing an elven gunslinger? I did, and it was pretty fun, although a tad hard in the beginning, with the Firearms penalty and all that.
Coming to think of it, Gunslinger is probably the only technological path the elves are at any real disadvantage at. As strange as it may sound, there's absolutely nothing at all that prohibits them from taking on the other disciplines. Well, save of course the aptitude, but that ain't that important anyway. Hmmm....
Next time I play Arcanum, I'll try an elven smithy warrior.
Elves have ST penalty. Half-Elves are a better choice for a smith.
Now an elf who is a new convert to technology, who changed his enchanted elven bow for a Pyrotechnic one...
Come on, do you really think technology can surpass magic?
I certainly do. Pyro bow is the best.
Well, yes, maybe it inflicts more damage and so on, but it is technological ( :frownyes: )!!! I would never dare to walk in public with such foul weapon.
If the public has something against me I just kill them
The public has nothing against me because I despise technology just like they.
I find that public mostly like the Magikal characters but then also some hate them and won't trade with them (I'm a day mage and so only trade with armour smiths at night!) but as tech, people have less of an extreme reaction to you and you never really go into a magik shop as a tech but as a mage you go into armories etc to sell stuff and they don't want to trade.
Anyway ELVES RULE ALL. They are better than dwarves, half-orcs and -orges, halflings they trounce (sleazy little theivey types all of them kill most on sight!! Or if they annoy me like Jongle and the door man in Tarrant) humans and good for bandit types and all round fighters but lame in anything else also Elves have the hype and the background (but stunties don't like them much. I kill stunties for fun :x )
I wish elves ruled all... But major cities in Arcanum are ruled by humans and gnomes :-x This isn't right.
Well play a dark elf follower and make it happen.
Yeah, I think I'll do that. Some day...
Take everything, give nothing back.
My favorite Frengi Rules of Acquisition
2. the best deal is the one that brings the most profit.
3. B: I found it, it's mine .
8. A: Small print leads to large risk.
9. Opportunity plus instinct equals profit.
10. A: Greed is Eternal
13. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money.
16. A deal is a deal... until a better one comes along.
19. Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
24. Latinum can't buy happiness, but you can have a blast renting it.
29. What's in it for me.
33. It never hurts to suck up to the boss.
41. Profit is its own reward.
50. Gratitude can bring on generosity.
51. Reward anyone who adds to your profits so they will continue to do so.
58. There is no substitute for success.
60. A: Keep your lies consistent.
62. The riskier the road, the greater the profit.
69. Ferengi are not responsible for the stupidity of other races.
75. Home is where the heart is, but the stars are made of latinum
76. Every once in a while declare peace. (it confuses the hell out of your enemies)
85. Never let the competition know what you're thinking.
89. Ask not what your profits can do for you, but what you can do for your profits.
92. There are many paths to profit.
97. A: Enough... is never enough.
98. Every man has his price.
99. Trust is the biggest liability.
100. If they take your first offer, you either asked too little or offered too much.
116. There's always a catch.
121. Every thing is for sale, even friendship.
142. There's no such thing as an unfair advantage.
143. Risk is part of the game--play it for all it's worth.
152. A lie is a way to tell the truth to someone who doesn't know.
169. Competition and fair play are mutually exclusive.
181. Not even dishonesty can tarnish the shine of profit.
191. A Ferengi waits to bid until his opponents have exhausted themselves.
200. If you're going to have to endure, make yourself comfortable.
208. Some times the only thing more dangerous than the question is an answer.
242. More is good... all is better.
260. Life's not fair. How else would you turn a profit?
261. A wealthy man can afford anything except a conscience.
266. When in doubt, lie.
285. A: No good deed ever goes unpunished.
Hmm... I wonder if this is too long.
Delete if it is, or just yell at me and i will remove it.
Half elves are nice- better at not getting killed in the beginning by fighters :thumbup:
Half-elves seem to be the best race in hole arcanum... well for me they are well balanced
Half elves are the best.....i still cant play the game as a dwarf, too dam hard
Separate names with a comma.