Australia on angry kangaroo alert

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Riciky, Jul 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Riciky

Riciky New Member

any australians here scared of kangaroos?

Residents in Australia's capital city have been warned to beware starving kangaroos after a spate of attacks.
    The desperate marsupials have been attacking people and other animals as drought conditions drive them to seek food in the Canberra suburbs.

Wildlife authorities said the normally harmless, grass-eating animals were grazing on fields or golf courses.

Officials said a woman and her dog had recently been attacked, and two dogs hurt in a separate incident.

Government wildlife ecologist Murray Evans told The Associated Press: "Kangaroos don't come bounding out of the bush looking for people to attack.

"It's usually kangaroos minding their own business and people thinking they're cute and cuddly and getting too close."

But in a recent letter to the Canberra Times, dog owner Christine Canham said her pet had been drowned by a kangaroo in a city park.

The dogs had been swimming when a large kangaroo appeared on the bank and entered the water, she said.

The kangaroo "held her under the water with its back legs and drowned her as we watched helpless," Ms Canham wrote.

Kangaroos can weigh up to 80 kilograms (176 pounds) and grow as tall as an average man.

Experts say they rarely attack humans, but because of the shortage of food could be more likely to stand their ground if confronted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3874379.stm

oh, and heres a pic of rasputins pickled prick i just found http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ ... 80x277.jpg

2. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Damn, what is that pic, really? That girl sure looks curious of that pickled dick. I would love to have the chance to remove her curiousity.

"Oooohh, that's what....you....do...with it! Uh uh, o h y e a h, j u s t l i ke that!!!!"

I would spank off to that picture, but I am so scared that at the Moment of Release, I would accidentally glance at the pickled dick. Gawd, that would scar me for life.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Kangaroos will fuck you up good if you piss them off.

4. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

... or hit them with your car. The car often comes off second best.

5. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Can you eat them, and if you can how does they taste?

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You can get kangaroo products. Lots of people from farming families tend to have roo blankets/rugs/etc, simply because of the culling that happens each year. Kangaroo steaks are also available at some restaurants, but I've never had them before.

7. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Kangaroo with sourcream gravy and typper-jam
    :thinkof: :)

8. Settler

Settler Member

Canberra's a city now?

I've heard kangaroo tastes pretty good, nice and tender...but I'm not much of a slab-of-meat eater, I've never tried it.

9. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

You will laugh at this, but in the local supermarket (I use this term lightily :roll: ) Kangeroo meat is cheaper than beef, taste is similar to beef but the flavour is stronger? more gamey? It's very lean meat, tends to burn easily if not watched.

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I've only seen kangaroos in cartoons. Do they really box?

11. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Damn, another competitor. How did I miss that piece of news I wonder???

*Goes searching through news websites looking for a story to save his reputation*

12. xento

xento New Member

The Kangaroos or the pickled pricks?

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

They do fight each other, yes. Do they wear gloves? No.

14. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

Kangaroos aren't cute or cuddly. They look like giant rabbits that have lice. Yuck.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

You're back!

On the other hand, you're so wrong about roos. If you ever saw the tv show Skippy, not only would you wish it had never, ever been made, you'd also know that kangaroos can help humans in distress, like that dog with a roll of toilet around it's neck. The point is, roos don't have lice.

16. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

17. bryant1380

bryant1380 New Member

Blinky, roos will stand toe to toe, and grab each others arms, trying to throw in a punch. At the same time, the both have their heads tipped up, and their necks craned back, to avoid said punch. They also (and this is the most devastating blow) balance themselves on their big tail, lean back, and kick the shit outta each other. I've seen entrails hanging from a poor loser male that just got raked by roo claws. They fight nasty.

18. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

Their toenails are between 1-2 cms long and taper to a blunt point, they are a lot sharper than they look.

19. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Who gives a fuck whether they've got toenails or not, the kicks are enough to kill a man.

20. 5th_horseman

5th_horseman New Member

Not all Roos are 6 feet tall, and that even the cute and cuddelily little baby one's 8) can slash you badily enough to require major surgery.

Our Host!