Attempt to Roleplay

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Icairus, Oct 16, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Ok... here is how I think this should work... Whenever you add something, it should be something that would be an NPC in the game relating to the other characters. Keep in with the story that is going on. No breaking out of the story except for this blurb, and a quick character introduction like this
    <Q'ay Teera, 240 year old elf female, Is highly skilled in Negotiation (Persuasion Mastery), Force Magic (Trying to become Master), and Throwing (Expert, trying to convince Clarissa to Train her) She has way above average looks, but would probably not be mistaken for a supermodel>
    And please go over your writing and make sure that it is all fairly well written.

2. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Beginning the Story

A piece of technological garbage rolled across my legs, causing me to jump up. The sun was just starting to rise into the sky. Vendigroth was a total wasteland. I decided that we could get an early start and began my journey towards Tulla.

- Q'ay Teera

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Where is it?

I looked around, but this part of the wastes was the same as any other. What was going on? Tulla should be right here! My map is marked right here. We scouted for several miles all around, but it is nowhere to be found.
    That accursed Halfling! He claimed to know where it was: right here! I think I will soon find out how well my new Chakram works at halfling head removal. I was hoping to talk to the Force master, I have heard that the skills he teaches would be of much value. I guess it is back to Ashbury I go, annihiliating a halfling on the way, and I will then start a new search to find where this city is. Why couldn't they have made it easier to find?
    Q'ay Teera

4. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Heading back

I begin heading back towards the entrance to the wastes, but hear a rumbling to the west. I ask my friends to see if they can tell what it is. One with much keener eyes than I informs me that there are three spider-creatures coming our way. As they approach, Arrows fly at them, but none hit their mark, fortunately we had stocked well for this journey. An arrow comes flying back and I jump to the side to avoid it. The creatures are near, I demonstrate my prowess with that chakram, and with a quick flick of the wrist, one of the creatures loses the hand it is using to hold its bow. One of my friends charges at that beast with a sword of air. I gather the energies around me for a spell, an arrow punctures through my armor, that will have to get repaired, but I keep my concentration and lob that magickal energy at one of the creatures, it quickly enters oblivion.
    I look at the rest of the battle and notice that that first creature now has its head lying many feet away from its body and I see that the final one has several arrows puncturing through its exoskeleton. I, with my last bit of energy, through my chakram at it and finish it off. I then fall over with fatigue. My friend offers me one of those horrible technological things for dealing with fatigue, but I decline, stating that we would have rested here anyway (a blatant lie, it is the middle of the day, but I don't care, maybe we will travel better at night)
    - Q'ay Teera

5. Icairus

Icairus New Member

More Roleplay, maybe some people will actually join in

The night travel was terrible, we wound up going totally the wrong direction. Horrible creatures seemed to be all over, I think my recently brand-new Charkam now looks tye-died in blood stains. In the battle, my bag got ripped, so I will be wandering around in town, if I ever manage to get there looking totally ridiculous, at least I decided not to get that skimpy Dread Armor.
    - Q'ay Teera

6. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Made it... on accident

We resumed travelling by day, but due to the night travel, no longer really know where we are, we will have a difficult time getting back to the wastes entrance, I really wish I had bought one of those teleportation scrolls. Wait, what is that off in the distance? It is not like going a different direction for a few miles will really throw off getting back, I am lost anyway.
    It is Tulla! Nowhere close to where I was told it would be, but there it is. As we approach, 4 magickal beasts appear, surrounding us. A man who appears to be a guard for Tulla also appears next to us. This looks like it is about to get very interesting
    - Q'ay Teera
    [ooc]Someone join as the guard[/ooc]

7. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Ongoing saga

The man asks, what are you doing here? I tell him that I have come to train in the great city of Tulla. He seems taken aback. He then asks me why, if I have come to train, I am attired like a warrior. I inform him that I had to search the wastes in order to get to Tulla and there are a myriad of dangerous creatures. He looks at me disbelievingly. He thinks for a moment, then decides that he will take me into the city and my fate will be decided there. He, faster than I would have thought is possible, put his left arm around my knees and his right arm behind my shoulders and picks me up, then I feel a bizarre sensation, like being pulled in a direction I didn't even know existed, and reappear inside of a building very small building with no doors and windows that I can tell are of a magickal nature. The guard disappears, and I fall into a deep sleep.
    -Q'ay Teera

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Look Mummy! I made a post!

<Drackius Hollander, 35 year old male technological human, is highly skilled in Firearms and has average looks>

It was night by the time she stirred. Earlier that day, the guards dragged a new stranger into the cell next to mine. Those stupid Tulla morons, most likely they've picked on some poor soul who got lost in the desert. Though, untrustworthy as they are, they have most likely mistaken her for some kind of threat. She is wearing a warriors' clothing though. Then again, so was I...

It reminds me of the time I came here, looking to study magick and ways to counter it with technologikal means. Arriving at the gates in my Machined Plate Mail with my Flamethrower slung over my shoulder, I asked to see someone about gaining entry. Instead of being greeted and being able to study in their library, I was interrogated and was thrown into prison. A greeting I was not expecting. That was some weeks ago now. Since then, my plees for release, a trial or some sort of contact with someone have been met with the standard response. "Your case is currently before the court, please be patient while it is being examined". Pah, not that I believe them.

The female elf in the cell opposite mine seemed to be stirring more now. Most likely the affects of the sleep spell were wearing off.

"Hey! Hey! Wakey, wakey!" I shouted.

9. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Prison Cell

I wake up in a cold, harsh stone cell with the sound of a man's voice saying "Wakey, Wakey" because my vision is still somewhat blurry I assume he is a half-ogre because I assumed that's what I would find in a prison cell, and they seem to like adding the ee sound to everything. However, upon my senses fully returning, I got a decent look at him. He was a full human, and definately a technologist. A technologist, that is the last thing I expected to find in Tulla, then again, this is the absolute last welcome I expected to find as well. I look again at him, he is attired in very plain cloth, definately what they give the prisoners, not what he came here in. He looks as if he has been here for a long time, and is used to waiting, but even so he is growing impacient with my looking around trying to gauge my surroundings instead of responding to him. I realize that I am still wearing my armor, but my bag is elsewhere. Fortunately, I keep my Chakram tucked into the armor, so I will be able to make good an escape. Why wouldn't they have put me in different clothes? That seems like it would be much safer for them. Ah, they must not have any prisoners clothes to fit a girl like me. I finish my survey of my surroundings and respond to the man who is now looking at me like I am a mere 35 year old, and have never seen or learned anything of the world.
    I say to him "Hello, my name is Q'ay Teera, who are you, and why are you down here?" Fully expecting him to say one of those dumb things humans say like "aren't you full of questions?"
    -Q'ay Teera

10. DarkUnderlord

Re: Prison Cell

She eventually came to. After looking around for a while, most likely getting her bearings, she told me her name. Kway Tearer or something. God knows how those elfs come up with their names. She then asked me a bunch of questions.

"Me? I'm Drackius Hollander", I replied. "I came to Tulla looking to study magick and ways to counter it with technologikal means. Only I ended up being thrown in here without an explanation. Used to have my armour and a few gadgets on me too, that is, until after about two weeks of sitting here, I decided to attempt a break out. My rather laughable attempt was stopped and everything I had was confiscated."

I continued, "So... They grab you at the gate for no reason too, Kway Tearer?"

-Drackius Hollander

11. Icairus

Icairus New Member

The dungeon

The man informed me his name was Drackius and that he had come to Tulla to find ways to counteract magick with technology. He had been there for quite a while and had tried an escape, which was very unsucessful. He asked me if they had just grabbed me at the gate as well, which was exactly what had happened.
    I didn't trust him at all, so I wasn't sure whether to tell him what happened or to make something up. I decided that I would probably mess up my fabrications, so I would just stick to the truth for now.
    I told him that I had been captured before the gate as well, and that the two of us could probably accomplish a more effective escape, if he thought he could find his gear.
    Then, just as I had finished telling him this, a man who was obviously a guard for his braun, not his brain walked down towards me. That seemed very odd for a place like Tulla, where supposedly everything was done magickally.
    He came down to my cell and pulled out a key that was obviously magickal, probably, from what I know of such things, a key to all of the cells that would just dissolve in a small amount of time.
    He turned the key and began to open the cell door, while I watched Drackius to see how he would respond, if I should try the escape.
    -Q'ay Teera

12. DarkUnderlord

The Guard

We were busy talking when a guard came. I'd just told Kway that I thought my gear was dumped in a room up the hall, when the same guard that busted up my last escape attempt arrived... A big guy, lots of muscles. I wish I'd had my trusty Flame Thrower, Toasty, on me at the time. Instead my rather lame attempt at attacking him failed miserably.

Anyway, from the way Kway whats-her-name was standing, it looked like she was going to try something. I just hoped that if she did, it'd work better than my last attempt. I also hoped that she'd unlock my cell if she managed to get the key somehow, rather than letting me rot in here.

I gave her a signal that I hoped meant "Whatever you try, I'll try and help", but I think I made it look like I was coming onto her...

-Drackius Hollander

13. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Begin the Escape!

I watch Drackius, and he makes a very strange set of motions, and I decide that he probably means go for the escape. As the guard walks in, I concentrate on the magickal energies around me. The guard reaches for my arm, but just as he does so I cast my spell.
    I decide that it would be funny if I acted like Drackius was crazy and there never had been a guard, because there were no longer any signs of such.
    Drackius was excited about the sudden lack of a guard and complimented my methods of guard removal, but I thought about what I had been taught on my way to Persuasion mastery and simply stared at him like he was crazy and said "What guard? There was a guard here? My door just suddenly unlocked, and I managed to open it." Of course, I may not have been very convincing because casting a spell like disintigrate takes a lot out of you, and he could probably see that

14. DarkUnderlord

What happened to the key?

Well, I wasn't expecting that. The bright flash of light and ~poof~ as the guard was replaced by, well, nothing, was completely unexpected. I'd heard rumours that magick didn't work in Tulla prisons, so it was worthless to try. So, either the rumour was just that, a rumour, or we weren't in a Tulla prison, or something else had happened so that magick now worked. I started to wonder just what might be going on...

As a thank you to Kway for taking out the guard, I promised that if she wanted it, I'd let her use my image hosting that worked.
    http://server3003.freeyellow.com/darkun ... tDrive.jpg
    [​IMG]

She just looked at me funny, as if to say she didn't know what I was talking about. Then she looked at me like I was crazy and said "What guard?". Either she was trying to make a really bad joke, or I'm escaping from a Tulla prison with a mad elf...

Either way, the escaping part was the only thing I cared about at the moment, so I asked her to take the guards' key and unlock my cell...

... Then I realised the key was on the guard and the guard, along with anything he had on him, had just gone up in smoke. Great.

-Drackius Hollander

15. Icairus

Icairus New Member

How to get him out

Drackius obviously wouldn't fall for the there never was a guard thing, I could tell from the look he gave me, so I decided to give that up. He was excited that we could be free, then he asked me to pick up the key and get us out of here, then he noticed that the everything the guard had been carrying was gone, too. I quickly informed him that I would pass on the image hosting and asked him if he knew how to pick locks. I threw him the little piece of garbage some merchant had sold me at an outrageous price that he had claimed would pick locks "just like magick" of course, I had never been able to use the damn thing, and had kept it basically as just a good luck charm. I told him that if he could not pick it, I could destroy the door, but we wouldn't be able to escape after I did that, because I would be too tired.
    Then, not waiting for his response, walked down the hallway in the hopes of finding his gear, either he would pick the lock and follow me, or he wouldn't
    -Q'ay Teera

16. DarkUnderlord

Re: How to get him out

Well, with the rather rusty lockpicks I somehow managed to unlock my door. With Kway running up the hallway away from me, I decided there was nothing much else to do but to follow her and see where she was going.

17. Icairus

Icairus New Member

Looking around - further "escapage"

I was walking down the prison hall, and each of the cells seemed to contain a horrible-looking creature, but all were vaguely Dwarf-like or Halfling-like. It appears that they have been changing the form of the captives in here, Drackius and myself were probably next. I hear the sound of Drackius's cell door opening, he evidently managed to pick the lock. He runs up to me and asks me where I am going, I informed him that I was going to look for his gear, but I was a little distracted by what was in all of the other cells. Looking down the hall, I see an open door, which means a guard must be in the cell. A second later, I hear a scream come from that cell. I look at Drackius, then grab my Chakram and start running down the hall, to fix the problem with the guard's head (it is still attached)

18. Flink

Flink New Member

<Krog Deepminer, 326 year old male, dwarf fighter. Ones a front line solider for the wheel clan and later a merc for hire. An old and grumpy dwarf who belives that a stout axe is always better then both magick or technoligy in a fight.>

I sat in my cell, studying the formation of the stones that made up the back wall. There's something facinating about stone and the way it can be cut. This was obviously work made by a dwarf. The stones where all perfect squares, and the edges where as sharp as spearheads. Aye, this was probably Black mountain or maybe even wheel clan maisonry.

I sighed. I must have looked at all these stones hundreds of times the 4 months I'd been locked in here. I didn't even want to go to Tulla! WHY IN ALBERECHTS TOENAIL WAS I TAKEN HERE?!! I was minding my own buissnes, Drinking ale with a plump little gnome in Stillwater. (Gnomes are alright I suppose, Good drinking partners. They always have enough money to pick up the tab.) When somone sneaked up behind me and hit me over the head. (I guess I'm not as observant as I used to be in my younger days. Then again it was probably the ale... Aye, it was defenatly the ale...) The next thing I knew I woke up here in this cell...

I was just about to study the stones that made up the floor again when I heard the steppings of feet in a hurry. Was it true? Had someone managed to escape?

I quickly rose to my feet and looked out the bars. (as quickly as an aging dwarf can, mind you...) Aye, it was true alright. Two stranger, one elf, one human where running down the hall towards me. Then I heard a scream comming from the oppisite direction of the complex. I shuddered. As the human fellow came up to my cell I grabbed his arm. I was able to halt him and gain his attension for a few moments.

"Ey' ladd! Git' mi out'a heir! I'll help ye with what ever it is yer up to! Just git' mi the hell out'a heir!"

I awaited his response...

-Krog Deepminer

19. Icairus

Icairus New Member

In comes the Dwarf

A dwarf reaches out from one of the cells and grabs Drackius, he says, in my loose translation of what his garbled speech, "Get me out of hair! I'll help whith whatever it is yuruptu! Just gitmi the hell outah hair!" I look at them and decide that I should probably kill him and save Drackius, but I look at the dwarf again and realize that he hasn't been mutated like most of the other occupants of this prison. I decide that I will let Drackius decide. I pull out the little dagger that I carry around in case I lose my chakram (like that would ever happen). It was just something I had picked up off of some monster I had killed. Although I was pretty sure it was neither magickal nor technological, merchants were not sure what it was, and I had never actually bothered to identify it. I tossed this dagger to Drackius in such a way that it was pretty damn unlikely that he could manage to hurt himself catching it, but you never know, with the "ingenuity" of the humans. I then continued running down the hall to see what that scream had been about

20. DarkUnderlord

I was running up the hallway when all sorts of things started to happen. First of all, some kind of weird scream came from up the passageway. Kway said something about more guards when the next thing I know, I'm grabbed by something from one of the cells we were passing. I let out a sudden gasp at the shock. I look inside and see a dwarf. Kway heard me gasp and looked back, seeing it was a dwarf, a normal dwarf compared to whatever those things were in the other cells, he chucked me a dagger and went on running with one hand on his chakram.

The dwarf said, "Ey' ladd! Git' mi out'a heir! I'll help ye with what ever it is yer up to! Just git' mi the hell out'a heir!".

I looked at the dwarf. I looked at the dagger in my hand. The dwarf looked at the dagger in my hand. I looked at the rusty lockpicks I had in my other hand. I looked at the dwarf. The dwarf looked at me.

I fumbled with the lockpicks and shoved them in the lock on his cell. I mucked about for a while trying to get the lock open. I think I was just about to get it when... I broke the lockpicks in the process. Great. Lockpicking never was my speciality. I looked at the dwarf again. As if we underdstood each other, we both grabbed the cell door and shook it to buggery. After a bit of effort, we'd loosened it a bit. The lock needed a bit more work so I grabbed the dagger firmly in my hand and jammed it in the lock and twiddled it. It was a little too big for a lockpick but with the age of the lock, I managed to open the door.

The dwarf was free. He thanked me with a great big hand crushing handshake which suprised me from a dwarf who appeared to be fairly old. He told me his name was Krog Deepminer. He was also about to tell me how he'd come to be here when I heard a shout. We both looked up the passage and saw Kway launch his Chakram at a guard who had appeared outside of a cell. Most likely attracted by the noise Krog and I had made with the door. The guard's head fell off rather neatly and the chakram boucned off the walls and landed back in Kway's hands. Dang.

Krog and I both started running up the hall towards Kway.

-Drackius Hollander

Our Host!