Atlantis Has Been Found!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goldenboy, Jun 7, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

2. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

we've seen this before. discussed it to death, too.

3. Goldenboy

Goldenboy New Member

Yeh, I know there's been a topic like this before, but since this was relesed YESTERDAY and the other topic is long gone, I felt it was in order to create a new one. Please be bothered to read it, not dismiss it.

Also, the first paragraph of the previous topic was

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

An interesting article, but really, they're taking some big leaps there. I'm still not convinced, and I probably won't be until someone finds something like a road sign saying "Welcome to Atlantis. Pop: 55346".

5. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I completely argree with Jar Jar here, it's a very interesting article, but they make be looking for connections where none exist. It's jumping to a large conclusion in their thoughts that "island" was mistranslated. However, it's still very intruiging, and I'd be interested in seeing if anything came out of it.

6. Quethim

Quethim New Member

No one knows for sure if Atlantis was even a place...I mean, for all anyone knows, that could be a whole different city that know one knows about. :p

I mean...yeah, unless it's written that the place is Atlantis, no one will ever know.

7. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

All greek historians were bullshit artists. They found the city of Troy a while ago, exactly where Homer described it and it wasn't big enough to call a village

8. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I've been to Troy, and what remains IS pretty small.

9. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i think Atlantis was probably a real place, but it's long gone. the only reason i think it's real is because every culture on earth has a legend about a sinking city... so it would stand to reason that there's a little bit of truth behind it. but who knows how big the city actually was, or if it was even important.

10. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

Aye, I agree with Binks and Rosie, I think that Atlantis existed, but they're white lines on a white board. I don't think that Atlantis held any true importance, other than perhaps having been a rich trading city. Oh, and Troy could've been larger... over years, things tend to get... downsized.

11. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

None of you know what the fuck you are talking about, so stop acting like you do.

12. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Was that supposed to make sense on itself, or will you give an explanation later?

13. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

The site where they found the city if troy has been built on several times, and it was very large, even though homer did exagerate greatly.

14. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Bitch, I know I've been to Troy. I went there the same day I went to Gallipoli, and it's all in Turkey. So how about you be a little more specific next time with your "everyone shut the fuck up!" speeches?

15. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Calm down. I was in the main talking about everyone's speculations on whether there was really an Atlantis or not, and the surety of said speculations. None of us know. None of us will ever know, quite likely. Maybe I was also just being a jerk for the fun of it.

16. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, I knew the first part wasn't referring to me, I was just getting aggro for the hell of it. I also agree with the second part of what you're saying :).

17. Twilight'sHammer

Twilight'sHammer New Member

We know that we won't know, we're just speculating for the enjoyment of it. Thanks for ruining our fun... fucktard.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Hey, thanks for gravedigging shit eater.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!