Ashbury

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Frigo, Oct 13, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

2. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

You killed and resurrected the whole group, then put them in the places they were?

3. Charonte

Charonte Member

More like he killed them in one turn of combat (see hasten), conjured their spirits and resurrected them before dominating & hitting F5 so they'd have no reason to move. All in one turn

4. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I used the trick usually applied to Wise Women and shopkeepers: I let them use Baneful Gauntlets (and Diseased Leather Armor and Life Stealing Dagger, but their effects were negligible), until their arms are started to rot. When they were dead, I casted Conjure Spirit, made it permanent with Dweomer Shield, then Resurrected them. I stood in the center, clicked on each of them so they turned in my direction, then simply said the text. Simple but took some time.

Conjure Spirit permanency trick from this thread

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

To be frank, I suggested the permanently conjured spirit trick in the Super Mega Meta Magic Abuse thread myself. I didn't think about resurrecting NPCs treated with it, though. That was clever, I'll admit.

I dare to repeat myself, I consider the effect absolutely hilarious! And creepy, for that matter. Frigo emphasised the disturbing factor of it all well with the screenshot looking like a frame from an old horror movie.

On a side note, what I especially find amusing here is the striking disproportion in size between half ogres, halflings and gnomes and their spirits, so visible here when we have a comparison with their bodies. We'll all equal after death, it would seem.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yep, the hindus are right and we are reincarnated as half-ogres or gnomes depending on our karma.

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Following that logic, becoming a Kite is what happens to those who get permanently shrunken during their lives.

[​IMG]

8. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Another fun idea for the conjured spirits I tried out yesterday: Get some slaves, slay them, conjure spirits, resurrect them, turn them invisible and hey presto! you have an army of floating spirits with invisible bodies.

I gave Torian Kel a gift of four Tarantian guards turned invisible zombie in full dread armor with conjured spirits. A new Grey Legion on its way!

9. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Hahaha nice man!
    Could you make some screenshots as well?

It's nice to see everyone is so creative with possessed characters :D

10. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I didn't want to be smote as a newbie, but since you ask, How do I make screenshots?

(I know I know I know, please don't smite me.)

11. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

F12, screenshots will be in modules\Arcanum, in bmp format. Upload to imageshack or any other image sharing site.

12. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I say, ytzk, you're just one endless well of great ideas, aren't you?

13. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the praise, Muro!

[​IMG]

One more holiday snap from Stillwater: Feeding the zombies a sacrificial orc after a jolly good plague.

[​IMG]

14. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

You rule dude!
    The best thing about this Spirit Army spell combo is their animation as they move :)
    I might make a video about it.

15. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is novel enough to deserve its own thread, but I discovered a neat trick by chance and thought I'd record it for prosterity.

Automatons have an Off switch. While invisible, click on an automaton and it resets. Now simply pick it up and it's yours.

[​IMG]

PS - (for the sake of future searches) - capture automatons, collect automatons, defeat automatons.

16. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

Oh my god. A mage with an automaton army. That's just scary.

17. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I did that with the permanent invisibility provided by the bugged Shadow Ring (or at least I think that was its name). Collected all automatons from Vendigroth, game was unplayable due to the goddamn lag.

18. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

A rediscovery this time.

Since it has been brought up, I feel obliged to add that Drog fixed it in the UAP.

19. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Can someone test if Dweomer shield helps anything against the Quench Life spells at the Falcon's Ache? My current character is nowhere near that stage of the story.

20. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

It saves your character's life from the spirits, but only so long as it is maintained. You will definitely die as soon as you let your guard down. Even if you flee the scene of the crime. Same goes for Reflection Shield.

However, Dwoemer Shield seems to save the surveyers without the promise of certain doom.

By the way, why would you even contemplate defiling Falcon's Ache? Even my most evil character, Kerghan the Worse, gets all warm and fuzzy with the bunny rabbits and the tigers. Aww. I justify this by reminding myself that Hitler was a vegetarian who loved his dog. It's somehow even creepier when they reserve all their heartlessness for their fellow man.

Our Host!