Ashbury town meeting

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Glupii, Dec 7, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Glupii

Glupii New Member

I know I have seen this thread here somewhere but I can not find it now so I will ask again.

I have a 20 int and with my smoking jacket I have a reaction from the mayor in the 80's. I have gone through the dialog list in every conceivable way and still can not get him to do anything but say it is his rep on the line and say good day. What is the secret to this quest? And what is the result? Is it worth all this hassle?

2. Dragonfire23

Dragonfire23 New Member

i having trouble with it too, i got perswasion 4 ranks and i kant do it

3. Squish

Squish New Member

That is strange. I was able to complete the quest with 3 points in persuasion (at expert). I don't remember how much int I had at the time, but I believe it was only at about 10 or so...

4. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Maybe charisma is a factor. I generally keep a pretty high CH and have never had trouble convincing the townsfolk.

5. Glupii

Glupii New Member

Int vs Cha

OK I thought I read it was dependent on Int somewher eon these boards so I tried it since I maxed out my Int. My Cha is only 8 so if it is dependent on that, I do not think I will ever be able to finish it. Bummer.

6. YeaYea2001

YeaYea2001 New Member

The first time I did it, people loved me, the second time, well, people didnt like me

7. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

It's all about INT and CHR. Your Intelligence has to be high to get all the options. I don't even fool with that Quest until I'm up to 16 or higher INT (because I'm a perfectionist). You need at least Expert Persuasion skill, as well, to make it perfect. And if it isn't perfect, what good is it, huh? Any misspellings in this post!? No? Perfect!

8. James Watt

James Watt New Member

I applaud your perfectionism (a trait I am also blessed/cursed with), Feldon Kane, but the poster's problem is that he can't even get the mayor to give him the quest, not that he cannot complete it.

Glupii: I just completed this quest myself yesterday (on my first trip through the game), and had no problems. I had IN 14 and CH 15, plus three ranks of Persuasion (Expert level). After greeting him, I commented that he looked distressed, and asked him what the problem was. He explained his troubles, then gave me the quest. Pretty straightforward, really. What stats and skills do you have? Probably your CH or Persuasion is lacking. Boost them; the game is more fun with higher CH and Persuasion, anyway (or so I hear).

Good luck!
    pjm

9. Feldon Kane

Feldon Kane New Member

10. James Watt

James Watt New Member

Our Host!