Armour and critical failure?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by magnemoe, Jul 26, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. magnemoe

magnemoe New Member

I’m wondering about critical failure for tech armour and magical aperture.
    I have dwarven gauntlets on my mage, they have a failure rate on 5% but they has not failed even if I have used them a long time. Got them on aperture 25 then it was 1% failure risk. 10 more then 10 levels later I still have them and want to keep them.
    When can armour get failures? When you are hit sounds reasonable, but I got hit a lot.
    What happens if armour fails? It only gets broke?
    Is there any problem for mages to use tech armour?

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel New Member

Yea, I'm not good with crits. I just rush in a battle hoping I come out in one piece, but i think the crits fails from your gaunlets count on your attacks. Like you'd be more likly to hurt yourself using those gaunlets with a melee/ spell/ thrown/ bow/ gun/ ect.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I just got the flame retardant suit and i wanna give it a try :grin:

3. colonel_mortimer

colonel_mortimer New Member

Although you may be a pirate what you are asking is known to us good fellows too. :wink:

So against my better judgment I will answer your question. Gauntlets can be used as a weapon (punching). I believe that is were the critical can happen, but you may have armor fail also I don't know, since I have only played the demo.

4. magnemoe

magnemoe New Member

RE: RE : Armour and critical failure?

No, I'm not a pirate; se may entry about the level 50 cap.
    If I had the pirate version I could have bout myself a tech armour like the elite plate mail or the strange magnetic helmet and tested:)
    The idea that the gauntlets are weapons in hand-to-hand combat is reasonable and they do have damage stats.
    I was wondering if anybody had had critical armour fails or knew the manual better then me.

Our Host!