Arceditor 1.8

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by BlankSpace, Feb 27, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. BlankSpace

BlankSpace New Member

Stupid question about the character editor available from this site...

Every time I try to boot the character editor listed all over this site (and the only one I could find through Google) I get the following:
    MSCOMCT2.OSX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I've done everything in the installation readme it said to do. Anyone?

2. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, BlankSpace!

I missed your first post, but will be there in a minute.
    First off - The ocx files needs to be registered on your computer.

Do the same to the COMDLG32.OCX, MSCOMCT2.OCX, RICHED32.DLL, and RICHTX32.OCX. You'll find them in the folder the editor came in.

3. BlankSpace

BlankSpace New Member

Terrific. I had Googled the subject, and discovered that I had to do the whole cmndsvr thing, but I didn't have the other two files. Will edit with the results. Thank you so much!!
    PS: Where did you find that? I didn't find that text anywhere on this forum when I was searching for it (I, unlike some, am a true believer in the search function).

*Edit*
    I have downloaded those two instances, and experienced a problem. I don't know how to go down a line without hitting enter, nor will it do so WITH enter. So, I typed them all on the same line, and was told that the file, directory, or label syntax wasn't true (or something like that). Will Google how to use cmd line, but in the mean time, could you post a solution please, in case I can't find one? Thanks.

Our Host!