Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Souril

Souril New Member

I just installed the hi-res screen mod and that worked liked a charm. I believe the install of this mod is suppose to work the same way. At least that is what the begining DOS windows look like.

Unfortantly this mod still is not installing it just sits with a blank screen :(

2. Charonte

Charonte Member

About the issue I've experienced previously with some of the A:WIP content not appearing -- it appears to have been resolved.

I am thinking that Windows 7 SP1 may have resolved it, and that it may have been related to the way UAC filters files (even when disabled I get the feeling that some sort of residual passthrough driver is still processing). At this stage I am unable to verify exactly what has 'fixed it' by using a different OS build; all of my home installations are done through WDS/PXE with .wims on VM's these days (practically essential when you're testing on ~6 different platforms nearly daily) and at the moment I don't have one set up for a stock Windows 7 or Vista.

I guess it may have been an antivirus filter driver or similar as well -- but again I'm unable to verify anything at this stage.

Regardless, it's working now and I've been playing it in all it's glory over the last couple of days. All of your work is much appreciated Rroyo, so thank you for that and if you ever need assistance in any way, shape or form, sing out. Your contributions I think have been instrumental in keeping this game alive over all this time.

3. Souril

Souril New Member

Well sadly it seems that nobody is aqble to help. I have waited to see if anyone can help me with this problem so I can use the mod. But unfortantly I guess I will not be able to try it out.

I wish you all good luck but I am not going to keep waiting for a reply that is not going to come :(

4. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I guess Charonte's recommend did no help?

5. lankdogg85

lankdogg85 New Member

I am enjoying the mod so far but I have run into one problem. Some enemies I encounter are invincible. Enemies I have encountered that are in this state are molochean hand assassins and kite bowmen. I can only assume that I will encounter more. It isnt that the levels of the enemies are too high or anything like that my characters can stand and attack them forever and no damage is done. I followed the instructions correctly in the install directions and most if not all of the other content seems to be working properly. Thanks for any help

6. Question

Question New Member

7. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Adds a ton of play-time, the UAP bug-fix, new weapons and attire, new scenery, access to Cattan, so forth and so on.
    It's a main-game expansion.

8. Question

Question New Member

9. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

10. CJH

CJH New Member

This may be one of those questions that goes unanswered as its been so long since someone has done it

But in the Where's Frigo runaround, does anyone remember who you talk to after the farmer that really doesn't say much other than Yup?

He points you up the road, but there's no one to talk to up the road that says anything about Frigo

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

:D Assuming you've made the loop and talked to everyone along the way, you get to go back to Weqia's place (the chatty rug-maker).

Watch the dialog choices carefully and she'll point you in the right direction.

12. Michael

Michael New Member

:) Hello rroyo!
    I've played AWIP 6.0 and I find it really good. Will there be a new version with Drog's latest patch (v091225)? Thanx a lot. :D

13. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, Michael!
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the hack.

To answer your question, there will be a 7.0 version someday (Soon, I hope.), and it will have the 091225 UAP.
    I've got a couple more large bills to get paid off, then save up enough for a new build computer; as my old one finally died; and I'll finally be able to get back to my hobby. :D

14. Michael

Michael New Member

Hello rroyo!

I would ask if you will complete the Cattan Quests? Some aren't completed. :)

15. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

If I can, yes.
    I've got the storylines, got the artwork I was needing, got the gumption to get back to work on this - Now all I need is a decent computer to put everything together.

16. Michael

Michael New Member

I would like to know If anybody is translating this for german Users? Is anyone interested? Maybe I'll do it, if I had enough time. Well, CAN I do this? :/

17. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

18. bobmeat

bobmeat New Member

Mabe someone can help here. I installed Arcanum and Patches accordingly and evrything works just fine. But when i try to use the Meca Suit recipe from Maxims workshop my game crashes to the desktop.

19. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

Even if your issue is specific to rroyo's WIP, you'd be better served by asking here.

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, bobmeat!

OK - So far you're the first to mention this problem.
    I'm not entirely sure what to tell you to do, but try double-clicking the CleanCatch.bat and see if that helps.

DavisChanger: I know you meant well, but this is the correct place for questions and comments about this hack.

Our Host!