Arcanum:WIP 6.0 now available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by rroyo, Jun 8, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Provided the patch's exe has the new settings and extensive testing shows no problems, then I'll be glad to add the rest.

2. The_Deathsangel

The_Deathsangel New Member

Good, you know whom to call for more backgrounds or a deep check of yours... AWIP will come a bit later unfortunately. Got me lots of stuff to do.

3. frosted ambassador

frosted ambassador New Member

Because it's been about a week since the last post, I figured I'd ask.

What's the ETA of the new AWIP release/update?

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Unknown. I'm still debugging the A:WIP/UAP merging at the moment, then I'll add the next UAP updates, and see if I can find any problems with that.

Once I'm satisfied I've corrected most, if not all the conflicts, I'll probably make a release to get a few more eyes watching for anything I missed.

A little something to look forward to: I've went ahead and added the Tesla Pistol, the Personal Teleport Stones, and the half-ogre smith.
    Other than the stones showing a tech icon, they are all working well.

5. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Sounds Gret Rroyo...I look forwardto seeing more of your handiwork :)

6. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

June 16, 2008:

I just reset the Reflection Spell to original specs.
    The permancy trick will be back in action, folks. Enjoy!

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Excellent, I look forward to my new party of the entire enslaved Bedokaan race.

8. linkpf

linkpf New Member

Hey guys - I'm brand new to the forum and found you because I just got Arcanum and want to get the game to the best that it currently is. There seem to be other patches etc around for the game. This one seems really really extensive so my question is - is my best bet to install the game, official patch it then install the WIP and play? Is there anything else important I am missing?

One last thing; I did some searching for higher resolution patches since my monitor is 1680X1050 and saw one thing, that was for 1024X768. Is there a widescreen resolution patch anywhere? If not is this other one good to use? Any help here would be much appreciated since my searching hasn't turned up much on this front :p

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Welcome to the forum, linkpf!

To answer your questions:

1)
    Yep! I've tried to keep the install as simple as possible, so this is all you need to do to try my hack.

2)
    Nope! It's a complete package. Oh, there's been a couple of attempts to add one or more of the older hacks and modifications to A:WIP - with mixed success, but I still recommend playing it as-is. See the OP for a more through explanation.
    This last release is still built on a foundation of various mods, cheats, and hacks, which makes it a bit twitchy on adding anything externally.

3)
    Not that I would recommend. The 1024 x 768 is the one Drog Black Tooth debugged the most throughly and has the best chance of working with my hack without conflict.

4)
    It should be - (fingers crossed). I have yet to try it myself, so if you would, let me know if all goes well?

10. linkpf

linkpf New Member

Wow thanks for the quick response! I will let you know if I get the WIP and the resolution patch to work in tandem once I get it all together - which should be tomorrow night at the latest. Thanks again for the advice :p

11. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You're welcome.

Enjoy the adventures.

12. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

YOU DA MAN RROYO!

Now I can finally have M'In Gorad in my party again :)

13. Burnout

Burnout New Member

been watching this mod for a while. great stuff so far.

just wanted to say that ive been playing WIP with krupps gun mod added (among other things) for some time and ive had no problems with it.

also did you ever add the amulet of leadership to the game?

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Thanks, Malcolm. Nice of you to say so.

1) Which one of Krupp's mods are you using?

2) What other things?

3) I didn't add the amulet, I just made it a little more available.
    There's a 20% chance of finding it at the pawnshop.

Update: Initial A:WIP/UAP debug complete. Starting round two today.

15. Burnout

Burnout New Member

krupp's all in one hack, mainly gives an overhaul to most of the guns in game so theyre not so much underpowered. also gorrin the pit master, follower mod (some followers such as vollinger will join you sooner), ultra lite bread, ammo mod (ammo has no weight), machined plate fix, and a few adjustments of my own.

i thinking, for the ship, maybe instead of just the plain cargo hold/players cabin, it can also have other sections such as a mess hall, crew bunks, sick bay, even a cannon deck (though just for show).

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Holy cats! That's at least seven more hacks than I thought would work with this!
    Of course, the machined plate fix is unneccessary because the fix is already in A:WIP, but still...

Oh - Do me a favor - If you ever decide to try adding the Dark Magic or Thieve's Magic hacks, let me know if the game locks up solid - like it did with me.

The cargo hold - You're welcome to remodel it if you want, but if I ever do, it'll be to reverse the location of the captain's cabin. That way it can have windows that look out onto water. Otherwise, I'll keep it simple.

17. papa_dog_1999

papa_dog_1999 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Why not a working cannon deck?
    heh heh *boom* hehe

Aww! The thought of having a functional cannon deck sounded fun.
    The idea of bombarding cities and towns from off-shore was really appealing. (and a bit arousing)

18. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Tell you what - You find me some working cannons and a way to replace intact buildings with damaged ones and I'll have a go at.

19. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The blacksmith in Rosebourgh carries a unique shield it is usually called the 'Screaming Shield' but for some reason it has lost its name.

I'm running standard 1074 with 4.4 AWIP the only thing different is I'm using the 2 custom changes you helped me implement.

[​IMG]

20. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Found it. Another damned packing error.

Our Host!