Arcanum:WIP 3-0 Now Available

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Apr 7, 2008.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

No :???:

2. Hans Maulwurf

Hans Maulwurf New Member

3. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Concerning the worldmap issue. If you ask Virgil to wait before entering the worldmap, or before he brings up entering the worldmap, you then enter the worldmap, then without going anywhere, go back out of the world map and get Virgil back, all is normal.

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

WTF???!!!! That's the craziest thing about this hack I've heard yet.
    But... As long as it works. :/

You're welcome, Hans.

5. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

I thought it might be linked to the "We should enter the worldmap" Conversation, but if you enter with Virgil before he says this you still get everthing marked. Wierd one indeed.

6. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Spiffy, it never occurred to you that vanilla Arcanum is full of Lord of the Rings references as well? I mean, it's not like a piece of jewelry commonly worn around the finger and a halfling named Tollo Underhill are present or anything.

It's rroyo's homage to the people who paid homage!

7. Spiffy

Spiffy Member

I feel like such a n00b :-(

8. The Krest

The Krest New Member

ive just found this, but so far, WOW, your really dedicated and skilled and i applaud you, i know absolutely nothing about this project, are there any goals or anything? Could i have a rough rundown on the project?

and a question about the other large mod for arcanum, cararcanum, i dont know a lot about it but fromt he site it looks a bit.. cheatish.

9. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

You're welcome, Krest.

In short, what I'm building is just more adventures and incorporating as many bug-fixes as possible. It's the stock game with a lot more play-time added. I'll be the first to admit that it's still a bit rough, as I'm learning as I go, but little by little, it's getting better.

There are three major campaigns planned for this hack, but I'm not quite skilled enough just yet to make them work properly. Everything else is more like what you'd find in the stock game - single scenes or small towns where you'd pick up a side-quest or two.

Car-Arcanum is a maxed-out version of the game with much tougher opponents and a fair number of cheats to aid the less experienced players. It's orginal name was Hard-Arcanum.
    I played the hell out of it for the longest time.

BTW: Both Car-Arcanum and A:WIP let you return from the Void after dealing with Kergan.

10. The Krest

The Krest New Member

ok thanks, i just thought cararcanum was cheatish because of all the perks etc, i must have missed the fact that the difficulty is upped to offset it.

EDIT: I'd like the give a holler to chris beddoes, the cararcanum manual with illustrations done with Paint were quite amusing, screw paint/photo shop!

11. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

12. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

No, I'm not.
    I don't even have an account there.

13. Shota Shernokavich

Shota Shernokavich New Member

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

The name is just a coincidence. My hack's real name is Forgotten Places.
    The use of name A:WIP came about when I made the first upload back in June for a home-bound relative to examine. I just gave the zip file an easy to remember name. AWIP.

This Drog fellow is way! the hell ahead of me scripting and debugging knowledge. I might just have to join there and express my congrats - and get a copy of his work when he releases it.

Edit: I just joined there. Drog's about to release his patch. I'm going to check it out.

15. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

2 things: The worldmap issue must have been a cache issue on my machine because it is normal again. MY BAD.

2nd: Are you going to try and incorporate the bug fixs from the other dude at that other site into Forgotten Places?

16. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Glad to hear about the worldmap. You had me worried.

And yes, I'll be adding as many of those as I can as well as those that have been posted here - provided there's no duplication, of course.

17. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Although I am still having the intermittent healing salve issue with high tech, though not as bad as before.

Edit: Have you considered having a thief character being able to do work for I.B.Wolfe. It felt wierd that my thief didn't have an option to do this, a small version of the thieves underground.

18. team a

team a New Member

You mean more like D'ak T'aan (or whatever his name is) from Black Root? That does make sense, but think about the scope of A:WIP... there is a lot of stuff later on in the game, or even just in Brandybuck that rroyo has planned, and making a really sophisticated quest takes awhile

19. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Actually, until now I hadn't considered making the Wolfe gang anything more than disposable bad-guys.

*makes note* Thanks guys!

20. wastelandhero

wastelandhero New Member

Some ideas: You could steal the ring from Gladys in Dernholm.

Maybe break someone out of the prison in Dernholm, using the back door , they could mark it for you.

Deliver a package to someone in Dernholm or Blackroot to "prove your worth", first.

Our Host!