Arcanum still amaze me after 11 years

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by symban, Feb 3, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. symban

symban New Member

I was going around BMC mines and had an encounter of white bears. The thing that amazed me is, (playing turn based, not fast-tb) I wanted to pull back a little for a better angle of shooting AND I slipped on the ice and fell down !

First time happening, and even though it caused me die I had a lot of fun experiencing that. I wonder what else is hidden there that I will one day find out.

First thing I found amazing about arcanum was noise years ago. I didnt understand it then. But after paying attention found out if my party was in plates/chains and metal boots encounters were jumping out of their corridors and coming for us before we faced them. And gun shot noise as well. It would make them jump out of their rooms/corridors to come join action. Then began paying attention to lower noise armors.

Second time was for my tech assasin, high PE / prowling / firearms / some mechanic / gunsmith. I made that char just for the reason that I found out lights were breakable. I was prowling near the place, shooting down lights with my hushed revolver. then prowling further to snipe out with LGR. (yes background is darksight for reverse light penalties).

what are yours?

2. Drog Alt

Drog Alt Member

The last thing that impressed me was probably the hold Ctrl+Alt and click on the logbook icon thing. It took us about 7 years to find it.

The cheat mode was also hidden pretty well.

3. sam12six

sam12six New Member

I think the most surprising thing I've seen lately was taking Doc Roberts's quest at the bank. After the baddies are all dead, I exit combat and Doc leaves to go chill outside. During the combat, one of the thieves had dropped his gun due to a critical failure (this was next to the door and at the end of combat I was near where the bank teller starts out).

Anyway, I'm walking to get the gun and Doc comes walking back in, grabs the damned thing and leaves!! Bastard.

4. jca

jca New Member

Once the panarii priest stole my arcane dagger when the dagger accidently flew out of my hands when I got some kind of critical failure when I was stealing the jewel of hebe. For some reason I noticed this much later when I was out in the wilderness brawling with bears. Well, I wasn't sure first what had happend to my dagger, but then I just thought it must have been the panarii priest. I tried to pick pocket it (from his hand), because I didn't want to kill him, but that didn't work, so I had to kill him anyway.

It also amazed me when I went for a stroll into the dirtier side of Tarant wearing a smoking jacket.. and then I got pick pocketed by some people from the thieves underground.. and I was a member of the underground. If I catched up to these pickpockets, they would just praise me up to the sky telling how everyone values me being a member.

5. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

Shame you couldn't report them to the underground, fairly sure it is against the rules to steal from the underground or perhaps I am thinking of oblivion.

Our Host!