Arcanum still alive?!?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Feb 7, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I play arcanum every day , am I the onlyone?

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

You know... I'm loath to admit this but I stopped playing arcanum around aboutst the time I obtained the location of Qintarra...

Thats really only because I kind of felt guilty about abondoning Tribes 2, (my favorite multiplayer game of all time probably...) when its so obviously in a downward spiral, fewer and fewer people are playing it, therefore days of worthwhile Tribes gameplay are numbered...

But yeah, this thread made me feel guilty and I played Arcanum for about 2 hours yesterday, and I plan on beating it by the end of the month.

P.S. Jar, how can you talk so much shit about Baldur's Gate, and Ice Wind Dale, and then go and "get on the diablo 2 treadmill"?

3. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

because they're not the same. the diablo treadmills are infinitely more amusing than having to sit through baldur's gate.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I know what you mean. I do too... :lol:

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I've played BG, and hated it. I played and completed IWD (haven't tried IWD2, but I have nothing against it) and I thought it was a pretty decent hack'n'slash.

6. Canis

Canis New Member

On-topic, Arcanum accounts for about one-fifth of my total gaming time, though at the moment I've gone back to SimCity 4.

Off-topic,

Could you make this a bit brighter, it's far too subtle as it is now.

And yes, I did just want to post for the sake of bitching. :)

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well, I'm currently not playing many games. Arcanum won't install for me ATM for some reason, so there's no way to play it, seeing as, well, I can't install it...

8. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I still play Arcanum from time to time but am I the only one who plays RTS's? And I mean the proper thinking man's game like the Close Combat series, Medieval Total War or C&C Zero Hour, not Warcraft *shudders* :p

9. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I played warcraft 3 for a while... I never beat the campaign mode, and when ever I played online I'd always play tower defense games... The best thing about that game is the 3d starcraft models.

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Canis, he has to make the excessively obnoxious link, in case you haven't noticed, you probably haven't, UnNamed is dying faster than a convict in Texas, and Xzbyte must be a little anxious to jump start it.

11. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yes, despite our inhuman efforts, attracting active members is hell. Having a linked signature just like the one I'm using at other boards seemed like a good idea, but far too few are catching the hook.

On that topic, does anyone know of an efficient way to gain new members anyway? Appearently, infecting other boards with advertisement posts isn't a good idea..... 0:)

12. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I would post there if i could read any of it...

Jesus, whose brilliant idea was it to make the whole forum dark blue on darker blue on black?

13. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

well, it was my idea making it blue, as to the combinations ware xentos.....

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

All I can say is that some content would be nice... I dont really see any reason to post there. I mean, whats wrong with the house of lords? And the fact that Matt Thorn would be able to ban me if he chose to is just something I dont want to even chance at.

Our Host!