Arcanum - save before Thanatos

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Pacal II, May 31, 2011.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Pacal II

Pacal II New Member

Does anyone of you have a save with a character before Thanatos (can be before T’sen Ang or Panarii temple too). My character was a good gnome gun technologist-diplomat. Do if your character was kind of like that, it would be great.

2. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Those are quite detailed demands, aren't they?

It's not exactly the same as you want, but I happen to have a semi-matching save on my hard drive.
    • Right before going to Thanatos
    • lvl 30 good gnome, Charlatan's Protege
    • Master of Heal, Haggle and Persuasion
    • Herbology, Chemistry and Therapeutics engineer (=5 schematics)
    • No combat skills
    • Large party to do the fighting for him
    You could always use a character editor to add perception, gunsmithy and firearms. Possibly while decreasing some of the other stats/disciplines/skills if you'd want to play it fair.

Catch is, the save is for English Arcanum 1.0.7.4 + A:WIP 6.0 (rroyo's mod adding new locations, quests, items and such).

3. Pacal II

Pacal II New Member

That's great. Of course I'll use the editor. I just want to know a few things.
    1. Did you do most of the quests on the way?
    2. Did you give sacrifices to the pagan gods?
    3. Did you get Bronwyck's gun?

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

1. Did you do most of the quests on the way?
    • Everything that was to be done up to that point. Exceptions: Becoming the Orator of Ashbury (the Mayor is still standing outside town hall) and visiting some of the locations added in A:WIP. The level is not that high because of limited combat XP received from followers doing all the fighting.
    2. Did you give sacrifices to the pagan gods?
    • Sure did. Three Circles completed, Final Blessing not acquired yet in that save for obvious reasons.
    3. Did you get Bronwyck's gun?
    • I don't have it physically, but I know the schematic and have the ingredients to build it in a stash crate below the player's ship deck (=the location in which the game is saved).
    Here is the save.

Our Host!