Arcanum Pen and Paper RPG

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Ogrepuppy, Jan 19, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Ogrepuppy

Ogrepuppy New Member

Please, for the love of all that's holy, does anyone have any pen-and-paper-and-dice info about Arcanum?

Actually, I mostly want setting info (geography, history of the Unified Kingdom, etc etc)--I mean, I can generate my own rules.

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

As it happens, I'm working on a project to convert Arcanum to an RPG system called Blue Rose. I've just got to finish the spells (which are giving me headaches) and the schematics, and then I'll be working on setting stuff. Come back in a couple of months and I might hae something for you.

3. Ogrepuppy

Ogrepuppy New Member

I'm familiar with Blue Rose. Based on the True20 system. I own the main core (Blue Rose) rulebook, as well as many True20 rules books.

Any history or geographical information you might be willing to share would be appreciated. You could PM me with info if you wanetd.

4. Ramidel

Ramidel New Member

I'd been wondering how that project was going, myself.

5. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

Ogrepuppy: You know Blue Rose? Nice. You've automaticcaly gotten on my good side. (Although Blue Rose actually came before True20, it's such a common misconception that I don't even get irritated by it anymore.)

Well, I have taken a lot of time off it - the NaNoWriMo took a lot our of me - and I'm trying to get the mechanics solid before I work on the setting.

Here, however, is a little something the whet your appetite. (Yes, I'm an evil bitch.)

Setting #1: The Age of Legends
    Set before and during the days of the Elven Council. Will involve high magic (and special spells), Vendigroth in all its mighty glory, and the fall of what is likely to be the greatest civilisation Arcanum would ever see.

Setting #2: The Age of Steam
    Starts about a year after Bates introduces his steam engine to the world. Tarant and Dernholm are balanced precariously on the verge of outright war, supporters of technology and supporters of magic clash with words, spells and firearms, and the Clan Wars tear the Dwarven nation apart from the inside.

Setting #3/Special Campaign: The Twin Times of the Living One
    Two interlocked settings for the price of one. On one side, the world is dark and war-torn, the balance thrown off by the actions of a mad human technologist who left nought but blood and death in his wake. On the other, a world still wracked with difficulties but full of hope, as the Panarii religion unites around Alexander and a young half-elf who has proven to be the Living One. A wrathful assassin on one side may be a gentle healer on the other... and the wall between the two is so very thin...

I'm looking forward to writing Setting #3, oh yes, but the best will have to wait until last...

6. Mr Frost

Mr Frost New Member

where would have the game fallen in this timeline/settings.

7. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

The game would fall right before the events of Setting #3. Essentially, Setting #3 will be the game world about a year after the game ends.

8. JohnUnderwood

JohnUnderwood New Member

Hey! I stumbled upon this this topic. It is some years later and I was wondering if it is still alive or how far it got. I love the game and would very much like to see it as a pnp.

Our Host!