Arcanum Longevity, Arcanum II?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Rosselli, Oct 29, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. cbilge

cbilge New Member

ColdPenguin,
    u said u wanted to make a mod for unreal, but it would be easier, and more fantastic to make one for Morrowind. u just need to make a weapons patch and work for making schematics. if ur good at programming to make a mod for UT, u will probably handle Morrowind.

Tell me if u do anything like that.

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

You'd also need to model machinery... and steam engines, and trains, and train tracks... enough of them to fill a morrowind sized worl... <evil laughter>

3. Samwise

Samwise New Member

I don't like the FPS-only view idea for Arc 2. I'd much prefer the classic overhead view, or, even better, a rotatable one like in Dungeon Siege.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Ugh, dungeon siege... Why is it that its blasphemous to talk about baldur's gate 2 but its still ok to talk about a game as devoid of storyline as dungeon siege? Gauntlet Legends was a better rpg than dungeon siege...! jk about that but still...

I think a first person view would be cool for arcanum 2, but then again, ANY 3d modeling would be cool. If the game looked like dungeon siege but played like arcanum i'd cream in my pants.

(haha take that phrase you non-english speakers!)

5. chrisbeddoes

chrisbeddoes New Member

Arcanum is nice but Arcanum 2 definetly needs a car.
    Only noobs walk when you can have wheels.
    It a pity that no fan has actually made a mod that would include a CAR in Arcanum.

6. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, if Arcanum 2 is set after 1 there would be more technological advancements. I mean look at Vendrigoth, the second they get brought back they have cars so even if they aren't resurrected Tarant can't be too far behind. They are in the late 1800s, cars should be coming into fashion.

And if it's set in Vendrigoth age well then you can use one of their cars. Hell they were testing subs for christ sakes.

7. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Maybe... but I think the whole point of Chris' post was to advertise his mod. As if the sig wasn't enough. :D

What do you mean with that? Nobody unable to speak or understand English would be able to read your post - in fact, I don't think such a person would even know this place exists, or care. If you meant those people who have a first language other than English, I fail to see why is that phrase special.

8. Pyradius

Pyradius New Member

Arcanum 2?

As much as I have enjoyed playing Arcanum - and I think it's extremely diverse - it was horribly balanced. I could go through the entire game spamming the harm button and quaffing fatigue potions. Hell magic armor wasn't even relevant to casters...I coulda run around naked doing the above :lol: ...the fact is that 75% of the spell lines are pointless. You make squat for XP if you try to play as a buffing class relying on your followers...bad idea to tie xp gain directly into damage dealt, ugh. I guess my main point is if they do ever make Arcanum 2, I hope they essentially make it what Arcanum 1 should have been.

I think they are probably tied up with Vampire: Bloodlines at the moment anyway...which will have a nice blend of technology / magic. Surely not quite like Arcanum but I doubt anything will ever be quite like it.

9. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Yeah, horribly balanced with lost of damned bugs :x

10. Auxsilliary Priest

Auxsilliary Priest New Member

I will destroy you like atom's in plutonium in a world of ARCANUM.

11. axel

axel New Member

they had better make a sequel. b/c Arcamun kicked ass. :) hell, if they need people to help make it I'll volunteer.

12. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

Ever hear of gravedigging, boy? Strangely enough, I actually started this thread, the first post I ever made when I joined way back in October 29, 2003.

Our Host!