Arcanum d20 campaign

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons Discussion Forum' started by Elo, Apr 14, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Elo

Elo New Member

Hi,

I'm working on a d20 arcanum campaign and I was wondering if anyone currently visiting this site had tried anything similar before.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I did, but it sort of unraveled and became Advanced D&D with electric lightbulbs. It's probably because noone had the drive to maintain an Arcanum setting in my group. You might have better luck, though.
    One thing we did was use the points normally reserved for feats as technology and magical disciplines; so instead of having say, ten ranks of swimming or jumping, we had a doctorate in Herbology or all five ranks of Dark Necomancy, depending on class and background.

3. Elo

Elo New Member

I have a great steampunk source book called steam & sorcery that I'm adapting for the game. I won't be attempting to rewrite the magic or feat systems though. What I'm currently trying to do is figure out the best way to replicate the magic-technology conflict. I'm thinking of making every levels of technology dependant skills or class increase levels of magic resistance and spell failure. Likewise, magic related skills and classes will increase malfunction chance.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Ah...that might've helped in my case. All I had was Arcanum and its instruction manual to form a campaign and hope it worked out. It started ok, and we actually played Arcanum with dice rolls for a few weeks. Then, it just got too hard for us to find new things to do in Arcanum, because I had already beaten the game (on my PC) about four times and the world got pretty limited.

5. Delightful

Delightful New Member

Our Host!