Arcanum avatars

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Muro, May 17, 2009.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I'm just curious.

When were they introduced? I wouldn't even notice the addition if not for soviet using the demon sprite.

Why so late? Compared to Fallout sprites and ToEE monsters long before them.

What was the rule in choose which sprites add? They are quite selective (which even in a greater scale goes for Fallout avatars), so was it just random, a lottery, or was there an evil mastermind behind all of this, implementing only those sprites which he personally likes?

2. Xiao_Caity

Xiao_Caity New Member

This is House of Lords. Of course there was an evil mastermind involved.

3. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    You would probably stand a better chance of getting the answers you seek if you go to the Codex. That's where we took those avatar galleries from.

Since we left the fixed avatar system, we've assimilated their avatar galleries bit by bit.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Actually "we've assimilated their (the Codex's) avatar galleries bit by bit" was the answer I was looking for. I now recall that I once wondered who copied whose idea: did the Codex copy quite a lot of the avatars from TA, vice versa, or was is completely independent.

So they introduced the Arcanum sprite avatars just recently, or was is there for years, without desire of TA to copy them until lately?

5. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    That's pretty much it, yes. Perhaps a bit surprising since we are supposed to be the #1 Arcanum site and whatever, but that's how it stands.

Our Host!