Arachnid gunner?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Cobramax, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Cobramax

Cobramax New Member

Anyone think they could create a mod that allowed for arachnids to gain weapons ( nothing outlandish like a machinegun ) but simple for their size like adding a fine revolver to one to make a arachnid gunner or some such. Also a slight boost in their normal speed would be nice ( even though it says they have a high speed they are really too damned slow ) Giving them the ability to use simple firearms like one of the handguns would be cool.....and helpful...if you really wanted to balance that little mod out you could make it where the player had to supply their ammo to them in inventory spot ( like we do with our followers anyway) What does everyone think of that idea and to the modders...the feasability of something like that? ( Id gladly loose the medical arachnid(useless anyway) spot to gain a gunner arachnid :) :D

2. Zanza

Zanza Well-Known Member

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

4. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

Nice dream but it can't be made real without a few hundred new sprites and reworking of a .pro file.

5. Cobramax

Cobramax New Member

After reading the threads about the automaton gunner and the effort needed to alter it for actual working usage i can see what your talking about...instead of the arachnid loosing its armsblades id say just add the shot/flash and sound animation of one of the guns and have it default to ranged combat using that difference in animation/sound leaving its blades handy in case a foe gets in melee range. I suck at coding games like this though so i wouldnt know where to begin on that one however.

6. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

That strikes me as being a rather tedious act, for something that really wouldn't look super great. No offense.

7. dreamwarior

dreamwarior New Member

Is it true that Arachnid gunner fired a mini-nuke into the bug hole?

8. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

For a spam bot that was pretty funny. Brings back memories of fatmaning radroaches. Ahhh... Pleasing.

9. TheDavisChanger

TheDavisChanger Well-Known Member

This sounds like a task for Crypton!

Our Host!