Any way to quickly lower alignment?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Mori, Jun 2, 2007.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Mori

Mori New Member

Basically, I've somehow accumulated like 30 positive alignment. I went into the void not realising it. I was disappointed that none of the awesome demon and dragon type companions would join me because of it. So I've reloaded just before I went into the void and I'm wondering if there is a way to quickly lose this alignment and become evil enough to get some awesome companions?

2. Oracle

Oracle Member

The dark helm would be one of the fastest way.
    it gives you -20 alignment each time you equip it.

be warned though. once you use it you never be able to reach the +100 alignment again. 100 - 10 = 80 wearing it 5 time makes you max alignment 0

I'm stuck at 0 now but it does'nt matter to me :)

The bangellian scrourge is another way. check the forum for more info on that sword.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Find a beggar and be rude to him until he attacks you, after you've killed him, find a new one, repeat until you have reached the desired alignment.

4. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Or just wander from city to city and kill 'em all! Make them suffer!
    Simple, but fun as hell. And you don't need the shop anymore when you're going to the Void.
    I think, that neither the Bangellian Scourge nor the Dark Helmet will help in *your* game, cos if I remember right, you're playing a half-ogre technologist, and the negative aligment effect comes fromn magic as I suppose.
    There are of course some heavy evil quests, but I think that by that time in the game, they are already done or blocked.

5. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The dark helm decreases alignment and technological aptitude, so all the changes you incur from wearing it are pretty permanent if you're close to the level 50 cap.

6. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

You need to get the Dark Helm from the basement of Ashbury Castle to do it, the Dark Helms that wise women have aren't glitched.

7. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

Would the dark helmet work on somebody with 100 tech aptitude? I believe, that then the percentage magic power avaiable would be 0%, so it should be just like a plain metal helmet, without decreasing the tech aptitude and aligment? That's just my question of curiousity.

8. Vorak

It lowers alignment and increases magic apptitude PERMANENTLY regardless of tech apptitude.

9. Langolier

Langolier Member

No, I'm pretty sure that if your tech aptitude is strong enough to lower the "Magick Power Available" to 0% that the helm won't work at all.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

I'm pretty sure that's not the case with the glitched helmet from Ashbury Castle.

11. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

The glitched helmet from Ashbury fucks you royally. It always works, and if you're close to the level cap, you can't make the best of your new aptitude.

12. Langolier

Langolier Member

I stand corrected then, however I seem to recall testing this with a Dark Helm once though and it not working. Therefore can we presume that non-glitched Dark Helms bought from Gypsies don't do this?

13. Vorak

Thats correct, only the glitched helmet works regardless of alignment and only the glitched helmet gives a permanent result, for each time you put on that helmet you permanently gain both evil allignment and magical apptitude.

It can be rather handy for corrupting followers like Raven.

Our Host!