Any new weapon that you want to see in Arcanum?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Crypton, Dec 20, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Crypton

Crypton Member

Hello.

Is there any weapon that you miss in Arcanum? What about gattling gun? or something like the Nock volley gun:

[​IMG]

More photos...

Would you like to see such weapon in Arcanum? Yes or No?:)
    If you know any other weapon/gun suitable for Arcanum, please let me know.

2. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

Yes! I want to see a magick firearm. It doesn't have to be much, just one gun which actually works better with magickal aptitude.

My friend sent me a photo of a snake he caught and the way he was holding it, it looked like a very cool pistol. It made me think of a nature wizard using a spitting cobra as a poison pistol and to wish I could program one for Arcanum. I'll post the photo at some point.

3. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

A seven-barrelled gun? While I'd like to see that baby in the game, it would have to do extreme damage to compensate for the ammo consumption, or else it would be just another "useless teaser weapon" (as UniversalWolf would put it), just like the Rifled Cannon or Schreck's Pistol with Drog's stats.

A Disintegrate Gun using 100 charges/fuel per shot would get votes from some of the members here.

A Pyrotechnic Sword and a Charged Bow would be nice, too.

There is one in A:WIP, if you would be interested:

4. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

COOL! Thanks for the tip. Where, O where, in Ashbury is this easter egg found??

5. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

I was curious myself. I did a quick search and found that, sadly, the Divine Fire Pistol (added in 4.0) was removed when the Tesla Pistol was implemented (in 5.0). No idea what was wrong in keeping both of those weapons in the game.

6. ytzk

ytzk Well-Known Member

That sounds great, thanks a lot. If I ever understand it I'll repay you with some footwork for your mods.

Not for a couple weeks, though, it's summer solstice full moon and I'm too crazy to program.

A very merry solstice, everyone, and a happy full moon.

7. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Chrome says malware detected on this page?

8. Crypton

Crypton Member

You mean offtopic? I don't mind.

-----------------

btw, I got bored today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, it's not a Nock volley gun, just some another 7 barelled gun. It doesn't look good, I know, but that's all I was able to produce after 1 year break from 3D modelling.

9. Lone Cat

Lone Cat New Member

Here is the lists of new firearms that i'd wish to see in the game itself.
    1. Derringer (2X2)
    [​IMG]
    2. Mauser C96
    [​IMG]
    This should be schematic-based weapon, made of Flintlock pistol and autoloading chambre
    3. any Bolt-action rifle, prefererably Mauser Model 1871
    [​IMG]
    4. steam-powered gatling gun (Mean, Heavy, and ammo chewings, schematic weapon ... = minute steam works+(let me think of a rifle that fits its composition)
    5. a revolver shown in intro scene. i believe it was developing-stage weapon but later dropped out in favor of more-cowboy ish pistols. this one was also appeared to be schematic weapons made of GUN CHASSIS and revolver cylinder.

10. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

I have three:

#1 - Dreyse Zündnadelgewehr (Needle Gun)

#2 - Mauser C96

#3 - Tesla Cannon (basically a very large battery-consuming hand cannon, heavy, and large. Causing enormous damage by hit.
    Probably continuous damage due to the lightnings.)

#4 - Stone Sword (I don't know if it exists, but it's basically a sword made of magick stone.)
    Has a large chance of petrifying the foe for around 2 - 3 turns.

#5 - Paralizing revolver + paralizers as ammo (is that even possible with Arcanum's engine??)

11. Viktor_Berg

Viktor_Berg New Member

A rocket launcher. Now, that would be boss.

Something similar to a Thompson. More retro/steampunkey, of course.

Definitely a lever action rifle.

More shotguns, with more variations: break-action, semi-auto, pump-action. Varying combat speeds and generally high damage, but always short range.

I know most of these weapons are more modern, but surely designing something Victoran-looking isn't that much of a trouble, is it?

12. Hawkthorne

Hawkthorne New Member

Isn't the Clarington Rifle a lever action weapon? Isn't that the one that looks suspiciously like either a Henry or a Winchester?

I'd like to make another vote for the Mauser C96. If nothing else, it would be a cool replacement for the High Velocity Pistol.

I would also like a Charged Bow. That would make me really happy.

That thread about a crossbow for Arcanum makes me want at least one of those too. There could be a Chinese-style repeating crossbow, a more powerful winch crossbow, a pistol bow...

13. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

You might be interested in the fact that there's an arbalest in rroyo's A:WIP.

14. Hawkthorne

Hawkthorne New Member

Cool!

If a crossbow uses the Firearms skill, suddenly gun fighters have a viable alternative to the Hushed Revolver. If it uses Bow, it still adds some variety.

15. Muro

Muro Well-Known Member

The Arbalest itself plays the role of an arrow shooting two-handed firearm.

16. Hawkthorne

Hawkthorne New Member

Neat! So, finally, there is an answer to the question "They had crossbows back in the Age of Legends, so why aren't they around now?"

I could think of all sorts of reasons why a crossbow (especially if there was also a one-handed version) would be in more in character for some people. Halflings and gnomes, for example, who really shouldn't be able to use most of the bows in the game due to only being three or four feet tall...

17. Arthur_Vaapeli

Arthur_Vaapeli New Member

^^ Possibly using a Custom Schematic, you could be able to make a Chu Ko Nu, with higher rate of fire!!

This is just so awesome... There are almost infinite possibilities!

18. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

It's probably one of our delightfully sketchy advertisements. Click them at your computer's own raping. :)

This thing should do massive damage, be moderate in it's bullet consumption, but have a high strength requirement.

19. magikot

magikot Well-Known Member

I want to see weapons from the Steve Jackson Games product "Munchkin"

Such as the "Sneaky Bastard Sword" giving a bonus to prowl or the "Broad Sword" usable by women only.

20. rychek

rychek New Member

the lack of maces in the game was always a sort of major contention for me. I always wanted to create some sort of armored templar/paladin, wearing heavy armor, a shield, and and carrying a mace that would benefit his healing capabilities and still do a solid amount of melee damage.

Another item that would have been nice to see would have been a grenade launcher >_>
    ... so many different varieties of grenades... who could resist a different way to deliver their love... <_<

and who could forget... a back pack for that lovable mutt :D

an actual machine gun that felt even semi comparable to droch's warbringer would have been nice as well -_-

Our Host!