Another Vampire preview.

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Dragoon, May 31, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

First things first. It's highly probable that Vampire previews will pop up one after another so I want your opinion as to whether you want a seperate news for each of those or would you rather have new posts added to this thread. I think the first option is better because you'll get name of the site where preview is located in the topic and it won't get messy should discussion arise in this thread. State your opinions please.
    <br>
    <br>This <a href="http://www.actiontrip.com/previews/vampirethemasqueradebloodlines_p2.phtml">preview</a> was prepared by <a href="http://www.actiontrip.com">ActionTrip</a> and brings us much more interesting info than the one at <a href="http://www.warcry.com/scripts/columns/view_sectionalt.phtml?site=15&id=117&colid=3170">WarCry</a>. We can learn that gender will be important in this game plus there's some info as to the beginning of the game. You will start as a young vampire and grow in strength as you progress. What's interesting in character development is that:
    <br>
    <br><blockquote>Unlike many other standard RPG's, this game allows you to accumulate experience and improve skills and attributes through real-time first-person combat, which by the look of things, works brilliantly.</blockquote>
    <br>
    <br>It seems it will be a system similiar to the one present in Betrayal at Krondor where you could hone your skills simply by using them. Unfortunately by the end of the game your character excelled in every field but this can be easily fixed by slowing down progress. Anyway I like the idea.
    <br>
    <br>Further their description of a certain situation:
    <br>
    <br><blockquote>Another scene in the game showed us various ways to overcome certain characters that might get in the way of your goals. The player's job was to pass through a location guarded by a huge Gargoyle. Three characters were thrown into play here: a female Toreador (an excellent conversationalist), a male Brujah (most violent) and a Malkavian (extremely seductive). Each vampire had its way of dealing with the situation. The Toreador managed to gather enough information throughout her journeys to know that the Gargoyle was in fact betrayed by the Tzimizce (the very same dudes who vowed to protect it). After mentioning this to the Gargoyle, the Toreador was allowed to explore the area freely. The Malkavian, on the other hand, has her own ways. Without using any violence she was able to dig deep into the mind of the creature and persuade it to become her friend. Pretty soon a ferocious beast turned into a helpful ally. These two characters clearly rely on their social skills and intellect more than anything else. But, if you prefer action over a pleasant conversation, the Brujah might be the right choice for you. After a very brief conversation, the Brujah resorted to the most direct approach - brutality. The duel began in a huge abandoned theatre. The Brujah quickly climbed a balcony and attempted to fight the Gargoyle from a distance with accurate ranged attacks. It wasn't long, however, until the Gargoyle started to smash the balcony bit by bit. When the entire thing was smashed, our vamp-hero fell down and had to face the creature at close range and he had to be dispatched with firearms and swords.</blockquote>
    <br>
    <br>shows us how differently you can approach problems in this game. After reading the above bit of preview I suddenly felt Malkavian blood rushing in my veins.
    <br>
    <br>One thing I didn't like is this:
    <br>
    <br><blockquote>To cut a long story short, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines has everything in it to satisfy both RPG and FPS devotees.</blockquote>
    <br>
    <br>I just hope Vampire doesn't end up as "supposed to entertain everyone it proved irritating to all by being neither fully a RPG nor a true FPS."
    <br>
    <br>Source: <a href="http://rpgcodex.com">RPG Codex</a>

2. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I, too, want the previews in different topics, It's easier that way, plus if you go away for a week or so, you wont have to read 10 pages of comments looking for news.

Bloodlines sounds cool, except I don't like realtime FPS combat, it's scary seeing all the monsters running at you at the same time :paranoid:.

Our Host!