Annoyance with Sig length - ignore promptly

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Icairus, Sep 16, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Is the signature limit silly?

1. Yes, sig size is not determined by number of characters

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it is a necessary thing to keep the sig sizes small. Now where's my sister, it's time to get it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't like any of those options, or you. Die Icairus!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. ][ a/\/\ 700 1337 fo j00!!!! ][ be 1337 HaXorez!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Icairus

Icairus New Member

The character limit on sigs annoys me greatly. I can use overly large fonts and big images and make my sig 20 characters long and take up a page.
    However, if I want to include a couple of quotes, all of the sudden it is over the limit, despite the definate possibilty of making it nice and small, and not including ANY OBNOXIOUS MOVING .gifs of Farley or poorly drawn animals.
    There, that is my pointless rant. Feel free to ignore it.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Well, like with all other things in life, this is how Murphy would have it. Whatever created this world probably had the comfort of machocists in mind.

Eh, have you tried using photoshop or any similar program to turn these quotes of yours into a picture? You might be able to fit all of them in if you did that...

And why did you have to give this poll a retard-only alternative :lol: ?

Or, if you want, you could just write your freaking signatures by hand!. Just like THIS!

3. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

4. Dark Elf

Media:
    Oh, I believe Icairus wants to have this as his sig:

Full history of that to be viewed right here:
    http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9772

I've tested it - it's too damn long to be used as a sig. I believe the only option here is to write this down in Photoshop or even good old Paint, save it in GIF/JPG format and load it up on the net and use it that way...

Anyway Icairus, why would you even want all of that in your sig?

5. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

I do know what it is about Dark Elf. Just a humorous contrast to my own sig.

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

i actually cant see your signature or your avatar.... they never show up if you do actually have them.

7. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

They do not show up to your computer because you are a tool. In which case, I am also a tool because it is not showing up on my computer. Either this, or Shadygrove is a tool and doesn't have a sig or avatar.

8. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

No, Shadygrove is a wiseass & doesn't have an avatar or sig line. Notice the contrast.

9. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

There has to be a limit in order to prevent people having too long sigs often longer than their posts' content. It might not be a problem when one person has a long sig but there is a danger of it spreading like wildfire. Perhaps the character limit should be higher, but the current one doesn't really bother me.

As for OBNOXIOUS MOVING .GIFS I couldn't agree more. SOMEONE should revise his signature choice. :smash:

10. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

I agree. It's one thing to put a picture up. It's one thing to put up multiple pictures and multiple moving pictures.

11. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

12. Silvara

Silvara New Member

1) Speak for yourself. :/
    2) At least Demosthenes has only one picture which "sucks" (see above) AND it doesn't move. :)
    3) Let's see... how many people have complained about your sig? Three at least. How many about Demosthenes's? Just you. That's democracy-the majority rules. (Supposedly at least.)
    4) Everyone who thinks there should be a limit on sig pictures (specially moving ones) raise their hands! (Okay, I'm not able to see your hands, so post instead.)

13. Icairus

Icairus New Member

See, this is the point I am trying to make. I can use a bunch of characters and have a much smaller sig than if I use only a couple and put in some really big, moving images.
    While the idea for a sig limit is good, limiting it in characters doesn't really do anyone any good.

14. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

But the web is not democratic. It is anarchchaic. In a state of ananchy. With a few rules here & there.

15. Silvio-Arjunza

Silvio-Arjunza New Member

Shady Grove has a point... there is pretty much no ruling power on this board... there are the moderators, but they often cause as much problems as they solve. :lol: and I like Sleek's profile... the one I had for awhile was too long. (the immense 'YOUR GAY' picture) that was MUCH worse than Sleek's moving pictures... and I like Chris Farley, so don't insult him... he may be jiggly, but dammit! he was cool! and I wouldn't mind Demosthenes's teddy bear picture if I understood it.... at the moment it's just a scary little bear in a purple dress... with an odd hat... oh, and Dark Elf, what does your sig say? I know it's something Vendigrothian... I think... but I'm not sure...

16. Silvara

Silvara New Member

So, you prefer to see Sleek's annoying sig in every thread he posts in? (All, that is.) You like it then? You like it? Then you will get it because if nobody agrees we won't persuade Sleek to change it! You traitor! :x *Walks away angrily*

17. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Let's just state it once and for all.Sleek_Jeek has a fat, ugly, annoying guy dancing in his sig. :-x Were it a sexy cutie dancing then well I might revise my opinion :p

18. Dark Elf

Media:
    My sig? Oh, I've just modified an old roman classic - in ancient Rome, there was a senator named Cato, I think, who always ended his speeches in the senate with this sentence: "Praetera Censeo Carthaginem Esse Delendam", or if translated to english: "In addition I'm of the belief that Carthage should be destroyed."

So, I just replaced "Carthaginem" with "Vendigrothem". I'm not sure if the "em" in the end makes any sense at all in the case of Vendigroth - could someone with latin skills please help me out here? :-?

19. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

It's all a declension issue. The -em ending is for Accusative in 3rd declension. Vendigroth ends in -oth and doesn't really fit any declension but I guess using the -em shouldn't relly bother as it oculd just be Vendigroth, -is in Latin. It's better than leaving it in a Nominativ form thus depriving the sentence of much of its meaning.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Our Host!