An Afternoon with Tim Cain

Discussion in 'News Comments' started by Jarinor, Sep 11, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Well, not really. More like an interview. By the fellas at <a href="http://www.rpgplanet.com/greyhawk">Greyhawk Chronicles</a>. At any rate, it's more about Tim's thoughts on the game, rather than the game itself, although he does reveal some nifty information, like what giants do, and How to Pillage a God's Corpse. My personal favourite part was this though:

<blockquote>9) What are the chances that we will see a SF CRPG by Troika in the future?

We have a proposal out right now for a science-fiction CRPG. Very stylish, very different. Of course, it's all up to the publisher.</blockquote>

Bring it on, I say! Read the rest <a href="http://www.rpgplanet.com/greyhawk/timcaininterview_sep.html">here</a>.

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Actually speaking of afternoons with Tim, if Terra-Arcanum organised an IRC chat with Tim Cain, I think it would go down really well. Really, really well.

3. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Eye on Troika has beaten us to it. Besides, Jinxed is the man with the PR clout around here, I can't do shit really.

If you go to EoT's dev chat, though, you might be able to score yourself a free copy of the game. Which would be very very sweet. Check their site for details if you're really interested - www.eye-on-troika.net or something I think. Maybe .com. Only someone who knows really knows.

4. Calis

Calis Member

Heh, they'd need my Awesome Experience In Running Dev Chats to make it go down well. :p

Seriously though: I have a buncha handy things for dev chats, like a list of Stuff Not To Forget, and Sawtooth's awesome Dev Chat mIRC script. So if you guys ever want to do a dev chat, lemme know and I'll send over that stuff. It'll save you a bunch of trouble, guaranteed.

5. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Oh yeah I'm going to the chat! At 9:30 am Tuesday, Adelaide time (GMT = Midnight 16th Sept) in the #eye-on-troika irc channel on the irc.gamesnet server, I wouldn't miss it!

[/plug]

The T-A site also needs an overhaul to prepare for the Greyhawk: ToEE stuff, presuming you guys want to head that way and continue the coverage (which includes items, walkthroughs and all the shit for Greyhawk that this place has for Arcanum. Speaking of which, most of the Arcanum stuff is old, needs to be updated and so on).

Oh gee, is that time? I have, umm... somewhere.. else... to be right now.... Yessss...

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Yeah, as far as I know Jinxed had plans in that direction, but hey, he's sold his computer now, so there's not much I can do about it.

Our Host!