Ambidextrous weapons....

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Sketch, Jul 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Sketch

Sketch New Member

I reckon it would be cool if you could hold a weapon in each hand, say two pistols, or two Katana's, or for the mage with little or no weapon offensive capabilities. he could hold two sheild's.

And if you were holding a two handed weapon like a broadsword or rifle, it would not alow you to drop a weapon into the opposite to the one holding the rifle/sword/axe etc.

And for the pistols it would rock if you could put on a holster belt (think the belt's in Baldur's Gate) and quik draw your guns right at the beggining of a fight, and when the fights over spin them back in.
    and do the same for swords and their harnesses.

You guys like????

2. Ferret

Ferret New Member

As the sticky topic at the top of this forum states, SEARCH THE FORUM BEFORE POSTING. This is because most topics, like this one, have already been proposed to done to death. :/

3. Snowmane

Snowmane New Member

I dunno, there doesn't seem to be too much point in my opinion. I don't like it in BG, I'd rather just use a shield and sword. I did like that you could have a couple weapons equipped and then have a little button at the bottom to change them. But I think that in Arcanum, they're going for more realism. By the way, that wouldn't be ambidexterous, that would be dual wielding.

4. gargob

gargob New Member

Don't you think it's weird because of dual-weilding nearly every character in BG might be ambidextrous when that is suppose to be uncommon. Also nearly everyone in Arcanum can only put a one-handed weapon on the left/right (forgot) side.

5. Phoenix

Phoenix New Member

Lol, hadn't thought about it that way. I guess if you practiced enough with each hand you would become good with each.

6. gargob

gargob New Member

Yeah that's a possibility I just think it's weird nearly everybody does that.

7. Nift Ogedson

Nift Ogedson New Member

8. Nift Ogedson

Nift Ogedson New Member

9. Sketch

Sketch New Member

I just recon it's weird that you can't hold two pistols, even if it is just put in the one side, kinda like if you put a rifle on in Arcanum, you can't put on a sheild.

After all it is'nt uncommon for people to hold a pistol in each hand, is it....

:akimbo: :akimbo: :akimbo: :akimbo: ....... I rest my case.

10. Beraman

Beraman New Member

Sure in the movies... it looks great doesn´t it?

However it doesn´t work IRL.

Hitting anything with a pistol/revolver is pretty hard without supporting the weapon with your other hand. And dual wielding guns is next to impossible... unless you don´t mind killing everything in sight, including your left foot...

11. Sketch

Sketch New Member

They actually have competitions for people to shoot two targets with two pistols.

But also "Beraman" I've never seen any Elves in real life, or a steam powered spider (wild wild west don't count) , or "Dragon Skin" armour....

remember this game is'nt real, so if people hold two pistols in real life then why not in a completly fictional game??????

12. Beraman

Beraman New Member

I must admit that I didn´t know about the dual pistol competitions... but I can´t say that I´m surprised... I have seem some fairly... Wierd? things goin´on where i usually brandish my shotguns and riflles...

But are you serious??? Is Arcanum REALLY a FANTASY game???
    Here I´vplayed ADAD for almost 14 years now and always thought it was REAL... and besides I´m actually a Brujah Vampire... or maybe just drunk...

I realize it´s just a game... but there´s been several posts about realism... just wanted to contribute... and like I said... it looks DAMN cool to fire two guns at the same time...

Just thought i´d share my experience on the subject (ok, I didn´t shoot my left foot or anything, but I might as well have :))

I agree Dual wielded weapons ARE cool... Lets have it!

13. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

TWO SHIELDS? i'm surprised no one said anything about that one. no offense but thats the silliest thing i've ever heard, i'd feel like a fool running around with two shields. Plus dont mages have to make subtle movements and draw shapes in the air and stuff and wiggle their fingers, hold magic wands, throw sparkly dust in the air, draw circles in the dirt... arcane stuff and everything, so how could they do that with two huge metal shields???

plus dual wield would be kinda cool, and just to add my own silly suggestion, may be half ogres could dual wield stuff like a blade launcher and a flame thrower at the same time! or a tesla gun and a ship's anchor! yeah! fighting with an anchor would be awesome! like you could just smash the shit out of everything with a huge metal hook! that would be UBER!

14. Cobrec

Cobrec New Member

15. Canis

Canis New Member

I think it's German for "completely ridiculous and unrealistic prepubescent powergaming".

16. Sketch

Sketch New Member

That's the way, brother!!! I have to keep reminding myself to let people have their opinion's, even if they conflict with my own.

17. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

oh yeah??!! stop being such a killjoy! you killjoy!

i mean cmon, :D i was only being sarcastic

18. Canis

Canis New Member

Yes, I kinda figured that when you suggested that half-ogres be allowed to dual-wield a Tesla gun and a ship's anchor. ;)

19. gargob

gargob New Member

How about being able to customize your automaution like giving it 2 arcane swords or two mechanized guns.

20. Sketch

Sketch New Member

Now THAT is an idea, better yet, have that AND the ability to give them carry space (Robot packhorses!!!!).

Our Host!