AM I Not skilled enough?????

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by The Chosen One, Oct 5, 2002.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Chosen One

The Chosen One New Member

Sometimes when I equip a weapon like for examaple I equip a Long Bow when Im at a low Level, some sort of message appears ob the equipped Weapon which is displayed in Red and says something like MR 12 or somethin.

WHat does this mean? Do I need to be a higher level ? Do I need higher skill at that weapon or higher Str ? Help ! 3:)

2. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

It's telling you that you don't have enough strength to wield the weapon effectively.

However, I've not noticed any particular disadvantages to using a weapon anyway - doesn't seem to affect speed or ability to hit. Maybe it does, but not noticeably.

3. runey

runey New Member

Oh! That's what it stands for...Minimum Strength Requirement...I've been wondering.

4. zxcvbnmnbvcxz123

zxcvbnmnbvcxz123 New Member

yea i learned that the hard way

"wow my mage with 4 strenght can use a claymore in one hand!"

5. Settler

Settler Member

Yeah, it's annoying having to pump 7 points into strength, for what I planned to be a weak but persuasive gunslinger (Miracle Operation), just to use the better weapons in the game. Oh well.

6. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

But even without putting those points in strength, Settler, you'd still be able to use the better weapons. So why bother? Or does it actually have some affect on one's ability with the weapon in question? Can someone verify if it truly does or not?

7. Settler

Settler Member

I don't have any concrete stats, but I guess it could be your success rate (what you improve with CPs). That might be why it goes mainly unnoticed.

8. PoiuytMan

PoiuytMan New Member

It lowers the chance to hit by 15 (shown in the target as a weight icon), perhaps more if your strength is really low. Haven't noticed any changes in damage or speed.

-Poiuyt Man

9. Shadygrove

Shadygrove New Member

Increasing your chance to miss = increasing your chance to criticaly fail. Try Jayna's Elixer of Physical Prowess + Striength of Earth. +6 total.

Our Host!