All-State Music

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xento, Aug 15, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. xento

xento New Member

I realise most of you probably don't give a shit, bet I'm posting this anyway, since apparently very few other people give a shit either. People just have no taste in true music these days.

Here is a zipped up archive of all the Chorus/Orchestra songs (there are more songs, done only by the Orchestra, but they aren't inluded). Specific details can be found in the About.txt file. Enjoy, and please post your thought after listening to the songs. :)

I sang the Tenor part in all the songs. :D It was the biggest all All-State ever; with 1000 teens ranging from 14-19 singing.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

14-19 year olds can't make true music. 1000 of them definitely can't. I can tell you that without even having to listen to it. As for your assertion that people have no taste in true music, I'll have you know that I'm a big fan of 'true music'. Beethoven and Tchaikovsky are far superior to most of the crap released these days.

Also, you sang Tenor. Hahahahahaha!

3. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

4. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Now why would you do something like that. Did YOU sing in that choir as well?

5. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

6. xento

xento New Member

At least SOMONE listened to it.

I'll have you know, Jar, that if you compair our version of Dies Irae to a version sung by professions, we sound almost exactly the same. We practiced all day for like 2-3 days, together as a group of 1000, before the concert. The concert was released on CD, as well as aired on public television.

And I guess I've found something we agree on. I'd much rather take some good ol' classic over the new-age rap bullshit.

Actually, Jar, I sing Baritone, but there weren't any Baritone parts for these songs. My voice can range enough that I can sing Tenor or Bass if I want as well, but there was someone else within the 4-peron-choir that came from the town I live who couldn't sing anything but Bass, so I was stuck with Tenor.

It was really quite interesting at the concert. The man who composed the song "Keria" happened to be passing by, so he came in and played the steel drums for us at the concert. Also, the man who composed "Heart" was the guy who was conducting us.

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Chunky, I know Jar said this in another thread, but it seems that you either ignored or haven't read it.

SHRINK the sigs, or get rid of one. We hate large retarded looking sigs.

8. Settler

Settler Member

Tenors. BAH! Arrogant pigs. It's a rule, believe me. I'm bass, first or second, it doesn't matter...anyway, we're singing all 153 PAGES AND 33 MOVEMENTS of Haydn's Creation at our Choral Concert...that's gotta hurt...

Anyway, I'm going on a choral tour of Europe next year...w00+!

9. xento

xento New Member

Hey, if it weren't for Tenors, songs would just be a bunch of low murmurs that noone could understand anyway.

10. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

And if there were no Tenors we'ld need to come up with a new word for what guys sound like when they get hit in the nads.

Our Host!