Alignment stuck! Cannot get higher than 40!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elrond, Sep 30, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Elrond

Elrond New Member

No matter what I do, my alignment rises up no more than 40 points. Arcanum Editor shows full 100 points. If I do something bad, then I go down to, say, 37 points. Arcanum Editor, accordingly, shows 97. This whole thing begun when I used the Dark Helm. I had 40 points by that time. Since each use of Dark Helm gives you -20, and I used it TWICE, I became zero aligned. (I did so just to join up with Geoffrey Tarrelond-Ashe, who generally doesn't like 'noble' people). So, as time passed by, I did many GOOD things, and my alignment rose up accordingly, but when I reached 40 points, it wouldn't rise higher. As I said, Arcanum Editor shows my alignment as if I never used that god-damn Dark Helm. That means, when I was, say, 20, it showed 60 (20+40=60). Is this thing fixable? Hmm?

2. Elfiro

Elfiro New Member

that is truly strange...i cant remember if that bug was fixed in the patch,cause i never had that problem,whenever i needed to lower my alignment i went back to caladon and killed the villagers.(all of them hated me cause i killed their king,so i figure what the heck.)

3. Elrond

Elrond New Member

Holy shit! :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Elfiro

Elfiro New Member

it was for a quest and it payed 20,000 so of course i accepted it.really sucked that i got caught...almost died several times running back to my boat.

5. villageidiot

villageidiot New Member

Seeing how this post is forking off topic: I don't think you CAN'T be caught. I think that it's automatic, even if nobody sees you, you make no noise, you eat his body for dinner, they will still hate you. Maybe I'm wrong? It's just like in Shrouded Hills when you rob the bank, they automatically hate you. I never could escape, no matter how quietly I did it, they still somehow knew I did it. Can you kill the King and get off the hook, none the wiser?

6. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I didn't get caught when robbing the bank at Shrouded Hills.

7. Elfiro

Elfiro New Member

you didnt? howd u do that?
    i tried killing the teller before she ran out i failed every time.

8. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

With the help of pick pocket.

For more detailed information, visit the walkthrough (quest section) at my site.

9. Elfiro

Elfiro New Member

hey, thats pretty cool,friend_al_23. how many hrs r u on the internet a day?
    because your post count is impossibly high for 2 months

10. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

When I am busy, I try to spent 1 hour in here. When I am not and completely bored right now (and most of the time for that matter), I go here for hmmm... 16 hours. I'm not sure with the average.

11. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

wow!

That explains why everytime I press the refresh button, the top post reads "Last poster: Friend_Al_23". Always. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NecroLich on 2001-10-01 14:03 ]</font>

12. Elfiro

Elfiro New Member

no kidding, hes remarked on every post in general discussion at least 2-3 times. lol

13. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Funny! :lol: I'll log off because it's already been an hour.

14. NecroLich

NecroLich New Member

lol

it's been an hour for me too. :smile:

15. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

Well, I login, I logout, then login again. Its late. This'll be it until tomorrow morning.

16. Elrond

Elrond New Member

GUYS! GUYS! GUYS! Please, let us not be carried away, huh? Please read once again the title of the topic? THANK YOU! :wink:

17. Skie88

Skie88 New Member

Well the dark helm is a really buggy item , it happens to me too, but i get stuck at 60..:smile: The +40 Magickal aptitude is worth it though, Coz I dont have any use 4 a 100 alignment, hell, Virgil has a 100 magick aptitude and he's really evil..-70 ... lol :grin:

18. Kaldak

Kaldak New Member

sure you didnt use it 3 times? from what i understand, cursed items perminantly curse you, so you may have a perminant -60 on your alignment...i dont know for sure, but its possible it subtracts that 60 after checking to see if you've reached the max alignment, in which case you would be able to go no higher than 40....sorry dude, i dont know of any solution....

19. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

So sorry about that, Elrond. :grin:

Our Host!